General liability and product liability

Hey everyone, my liability insurance is about to expire with IBN and I will be needing to either renew or shop around. We are about to open a small little storefront and now I am thinking I will also need general liability. Does anyone know if I will need 2 separtate policies one for product and the other for business or is there coverage for both? and if so wonder where I should start. I am in Texas and so far all the insuranance companies I've called dont touch candles???

Anyone have any insight?

I cannot help but just today I was talking to my insurance company.I told them how lucky we are to have them for such a good price. It is I believe still about $375.Will have to double check but insured for $1,000,000.

I understand what you mean about the cost.It is outrageous what some charge and if not for who I have I am sure I wouldn't be able to make candles.I tried others and no phone calls back.What does that tell you.

Hope you find something at a good price and not someplace that will cost you a bundle.

LynnS

You will need general liability for your store front you candle and soap insurance will not cover if some one trips and breaks their neck in your store.

Here is a number for you to call 1-435-781-0000 it is Leavitt group they specialize in insurances that are not the norm. I use them for both my candles and my store front I was like you I could not find insurance to save my soul and then I remembered these guys insured my DH for welding and gave them a shot and they where and are great.

You being in Texas they may not be able to insure you but they may be able to get you in contact with some one that can.

ok talked to an agent and since I am getting general liablity for the store she says I will no longer need a policy just for product liability because the general business policy will also cover my products up to 1,000,000. So if she is correct then my whole poicy will only cost around $550-$600 a year. Sounds too good to be true:yay:

I talked with several agents as well and they said a general liability policy covers everything and you don't need a seperate product liability policy. Does that sound right? I don't want to even give my candles out for free unless there's insurance. I have some shops wanting my candles anyway, so I might as well go for it!