Newly designed website ~ what do you think?

candlelady

Easy on the eyes and Easy to navigate...Nice pictures...Very well done. :cheesy2:

The prices for your JJ's are steal in my area... $8.00 for a pint!! WOW!!

Thanks!

$8 yea, it's not my regular price, but hey, have to drum up biz..it's way too slow for me right now.

Candles are a luxury not a necessity (for most)..

Thanks!

$8 yea, it's not my regular price, but hey, have to drum up biz..it's way too slow for me right now.

Candles are a luxury not a necessity (for most)..

You may want to post your regular retail price on the site also,

Mark the $8.00 as a end of the summer blow out sale and tell them to stock up now before the holidays..

As a first time customer, I would have thought that was your normal price.

But if the customers know they are getting a deal, they will buy more!!!

Just like you did for your galvanized Kettle candles.

Just a thought....:cheesy2:

Edited by islandgirl

I'm no expert at these things but I have designed a few websites in my life, so my design thoughts are just that. "MY" design thoughts... here are my few suggestions.

I really like the major portion of the layout and the colors. BUT...

- Instead of having subgroups under each of your major sections, Products, Store Info, Featured, etc. I would have the link be the Title of the section, that then goes to the breakdowns. Not a biggy, just a personal preference.

- On the opening page, if people are scrolling down to read the whole page, you may want to make the Contact Us that is in large print, be a link to your email address, instead of making them go back near the top to use the contact us link under the Store Info section.

- For me, the scents description page is a little hard to read. I would maybe just use a bold version of the font, or a font that just appears bolder.

- Most of it I REALLY like.

- I REALLY like the idea of having a guest book.

Of course, my likes may not coincide with the rest of the people on the forum, so that is just my 2 cents worth of a contribution. Take it for what it's worth.

Yes, I did that at first, but because of my background the red reduced price is very hard to read and I can't figure out how to change the color.:(

Look at this line in your html code:

<font Face="Arial" size="2"><b>Sale Price: </font><font Face="Arial" size="2" color="#FF0000" class="salePriceAmount"> $22.95</b></font><font Face="Arial" size="2">  </font>

If you use a different hex number (what I've highligted in red) you can change the color of the text.

If you use one of the following it might give you what you are looking for. I also gave the hex code for a color called Goldenrod (a darker gold color) which might look good with the colors of your site (it doesn't have to be bright red :)).

Hex codes:

dark red #8b0000

darker red #970000

goldenrod #daa520

Hopefully this helps. If you want to check out what different colors you can use google HTML hex colors and you will probably pull up a bunch sites that will show you a wide range of colors. Just change the hex number in that line of code and it will change the color of the text. You can do that for each product once you find a color you like. :)

Oh wow! Thanks so much! I knew you could change color on other things, but didn't know where the html code was for this item.

Again, Thanks!

Off to change!

Carrie

ETS: Just got a response from Primmart that the sale price color cannot be changed. I couldn't find that code on

my site, so I guess I can't change it. Bummer.

Edited by candlelady