I'm going to drive myself crazy with this one!

Ravens

I've been reading a lot on this forum. The tons of information is great.... and also feels as heavy as a ton for newbie me, lol.

Here's my dilemma. There are two certain vendors "out there" who make the most long lasting, heavenly-scented-to-die-for tarts. (I don't think I can mention who they are, can I?)

Of these two vendors, #1 must use paraffin and nothing else. When I'm done melting them, they pop out very easily, all in one piece and they're translucent.

#2 vendor makes some of her tarts using palm wax as well as some other wax (can't tell if it's all soy, or a blend).

Ok, going back to vendor #1, what type of paraffin do you think she may be using? I simply cannot forget her Merlin's Forest and Christmas Memories; unbelievable throw! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.:)

Ok, one is Busy Bee Candles; she also makes palm wax tarts - delicious!

The other vendor store is called Candles from the Keeping Room. I think her tarts are paraffin. Their throw is out of this world!!!:bliss:Love them, love them, love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot more candlemakers out there than there are waxes - so I'm sure there are numerous duplications and/or similar combinations used by many! If anyone thinks they have mastered a perfect candle and are going to corner the market with them....they need a reality check:p It's not always the quality of the candle that gets them top billing - it's the timing in presentation, the method of marketing, and the money behind it, eg. YANKEE CANDLE. You don't have to be so mean Funkymonkey when someone asks a question. Nastiness upsets more than the person who asked the question.

Wonder if that is the same Busy Bee that used to be here...I dont think she posts anymore...

I bet it is the BusyBee who posted here. Plus Candles from the keeping room is that woman on ebay who has been there forever. Carole something. I bought my first candles from her back in the day, LOL. Someone else makes them for her(at least they did then). Glad to see they have improved 1000% percent because I have to tell you, she alone is the reason I got started making my own. Her candles were horrible. Mean old lady too. Tried to get me blacklisted when I started to sell on ebay. She's done it to many, many people. Didn't work:smiley2:

Thanks for the blast from the past.

I bet it is the BusyBee who posted here. Plus Candles from the keeping room is that woman on ebay who has been there forever. Carole something. I bought my first candles from her back in the day, LOL. Someone else makes them for her(at least they did then). Glad to see they have improved 1000% percent because I have to tell you, she alone is the reason I got started making my own. Her candles were horrible. Mean old lady too. Tried to get me blacklisted when I started to sell on ebay. She's done it to many, many people. Didn't work:smiley2:

Thanks for the blast from the past.

Blacklisted? Why and how would someone do that? Wonder if this will get deleted too ; )

Edited by funkymonkey66

• 1 month later...

I was very hesistant to post this on the forum but I need some advice. I was reading this post last night and I feel the same way! I have tried different types of wax for tarts and use the suggested fragrance oil 1 oz- 1.5 oz per lb. I am currently using the 4794 and feel I am getting a very good throw from it. And from reading the posts last night I may look into getting the KY Parasoy and try that but the shipping will be an isssue.

But what upsets me is that I don't know if anyone else has been on the candlefind.com forum but girls post there about different companies and how their tarts or candles perform.

My situation is that only customers can put messages on there not businesses and so if there is a comment left there about your product, there is really nothing you can do (unless you know where the comment came from and contact the customer about it).

And I did have a customer that wanted to post a positive comment on there about my product but she said that they are not allowing anymore on the forum.

Just recently I discovered that someone that bought from me on Ebay puchased fragrance oils and left positive feedback on Ebay and said how she loved the oils. Then on candlefind she posted about a sample scent that I put in her box for FREE how she thought the scent was very strong in the pack but when she put in her tartwarmer after 2hrs in a small office she could not smell anything.:confused: But she didn't mention how she loved my oils.

I currently have that same tart burning in my tartwarmer and I can smell it after a few minutes throughout a couple of my rooms. And it is throwing great for me!

I know that the site reaches many buyers and my concern is if someone would read that it could hurt my business and there is no way of me posting that maybe it was her tart warmer.

I don't know if I should contact the buyer because I did figure out who it was or let it go.

It just upsets me because I have tried my best to put the a high quality product out there and she never contacted me but like I said she got it for free.

I just feel the forum is a little one sided when you can't post anything as a business about the situation but other buyers can read their posts.

I know that the site reaches many buyers and my concern is if someone would read that it could hurt my business and there is no way of me posting that maybe it was her tart warmer.

I don't know if I should contact the buyer because I did figure out who it was or let it go.

It just upsets me because I have tried my best to put the a high quality product out there and she never contacted me but like I said she got it for free.

I just feel the forum is a little one sided when you can't post anything as a business about the situation but other buyers can read their posts.

Do you remember this signature?? Sometimes when one window is closed God will open another one that is even better!~

We can never control every forum, person, or buyer. We can however do our best in making a quality product. Give the rest to the Man upstairs.

If the original poster in this thread got the name right, it is not Bizzy B's. There are two different businesses.....Busy Bee Candles and Bizzy B's. Beckie from Bizzy B's has the classy looking site who sells nice looking chunk candles and is also an outstanding graphic designer. Busy Bee has more of a country look to their site. I have read good things about both Busy Bee products and BizzyB's products.