Lotion Bar question - HELP!

Luvcandletarts2

For those of you that have made these .... I did equal amounts of:

shea butter

cocoa butter

beeswax

coconut oil

These came out very greasy. Should I have only used both the butters to equal one third of the recipe? This is the recipe I was given, but this bar is wayyyyyyyyyyy too greasy.

TIA,

Pam

I made two batches, one with equal parts butters, oils and beeswax, and that was so greasy and disgusting...then I tried another recipe that called for coconut oil, almond oil, cocoa butter and beeswax, and that thing was hard as a ROCK- Rubbing it onto your skin would have HURT- so I figured I'd play around with the recipe after the holidays, but I tried one more time and used 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 oil and 1/3 cocoa butter & shea (more cocoa butter than shea by about 2x's) and that one worked out much nicer, still a little hard though! I hope your quest for a good lotion bar ends soon! :)

I'm in the testing stages, but I made some last week and its staying good its not too greasy and not too hard. My recipe is for a very small amount of this and that (I tweaked it).

1.6 oz soy wax (cosmetic)

.9 oz shea butter (refined)

.4 oz mango

.3 oz cocoa butter (refined)

.2 oz olive oil

.2 oz soy protein

.4 oz coconut oil

.2 oz emu oil

1 1/2 tsp corn starch

.6 oz fo ( I used Scents for Soy's Coconut, Milk'n Peaches - I can't say enough GREAT things about this FO. Its a must have for those who LUV peaches- ITS VERY STRONG)

There's so much in this because I remelted and added more to it to get the right consistency that I liked.

I don't have soy protein, you think I can get that locally?

You don't need it, I have it on hand (ALOT of it) so I "threw it in" just up another oil :)

I was experimenting so I threw alot of differ things in you don't need all this. One of the rare occasions I kept trac of what I put in there, so if I liked it I could duplicate :grin2: !!