Customer comments for business promotions

Jeana

Do we need to inform people we want to use their comments about our products on our websites or other promotional avenues? I know not to use full names. I'm just wondering if we can just quote the customers or need get permission.

I only use first names, city, and state. I checked, and when you do it that way, you don't need permission.

That's what I was thinking, just do a partial name. Where did you check this out?

Except for one thing -- if they say anything about your product heals something, you can be fined by the FDA. I think you need to be very careful of what you use and even more now that there are easier ways to contact the FDA to report your sites and business.

I know, it sucks, but unless you are licensed to sell OTC drugs, you can't promote your products as such by word or word of mouth.

I email the customer back and thank them for the wonderful feedback.

Then I ask if they would mind if I use their comment on my website.

I let them know that I will only use their name and state and date when I post it..

They always seem excited and say sure..:cheesy2:

ETS: It's a good way to advertise, letting the customer know you are posting their comment. They may tell family and friends about it which will direct traffic to your site..:yay:

I have on my website a place where the customers can leave their feedback if they choose too...and if they do not buy from the website and they love the product and they have a computer I ask them when they have time if they good leave feedback...

HTH's

Maggie

Just back from a mini vacation and saw this. I checked it out with my attorney. Since I'm the maker of everything on my site and should know better, I never post any claims by customers such as "it helped my sceriosis"(sorry about the spelling-haven't finished my coffee yet!), only generic like" it made my skin feel so soft".

I have a website but don't have where customers can post comments about my products.Have thought about it though.

But for me posting something someone else said," NO I wouldn't do that".I want the customer to post on my site themselves what they think of my products.

The customer comments section might be a option for you. After so long and no comments just take it off. It does show a date from a few sites I saw.Some had comments dated back from almost 2 years.I would take some of that off.Kinda a long time IMO.

LynnS