The best way to remove wick pin from votive?

I'm just wondering if the wacking wouldn't damage something?

Sure it could! But that would depend on what you do the wacking on! I would not do it on your walls, or your countertops, or anything that you wouldn't want damaged. I use a metal sheet, and it has tiny pock marks from where I have wacked......

Personnaly I would advise against putting it in the fridge to assist removal. In my experience, while it does help remove the votive from the mold, the chilled wax(making it contract) will clamp onto the wick pin even tighter. Maybe soy is different, I use paraffin. Whacking does work, as well as trimming the excess wax from the bottom/sides of the pin base.

Sure it could! But that would depend on what you do the wacking on! I would not do it on your walls, or your countertops, or anything that you wouldn't want damaged. I use a metal sheet, and it has tiny pock marks from where I have wacked......

I whack mine in the basement on cement walls. I actually enjoy doing that :). I don't have to do it with OK6228 wax, but I do with most other waxes (the mottling waxes and 4794 especially).

DanaE

Cussing works, but only as a last resort.

Actually I have stuck a few in the fridge for 5 mins. or so. Thing is if you forget about them or your beloved furry friend brings a rat into the kitchen to show you, or your child screams and hollars or the power goes out and you're in pitch black ... just let the votives come back to room temperature and then push the pin out.