1st Try

Daves'sHomemade

Made my first 2 batches of MP soap today. 2 different molds and colors. Shea Butter base with coloring (mica) FO (Juniper Breeze) They look and smell great! Wrapped them in Saran wrap after popping from the molds. My question is do they ever fully harden of will they always be somewhat soft to the touch. It has been about 5 hours and if I push on the raised designs I can flatten them. Why I don't stick with candles is beyond me. You all start posting pictures of your soaps and then I want to do it all! Someone please stop me. Stop posting pictures of all your successes. You are all so talented. Dave

you may have wrapped them to soon...

I don't wrap mine right away.... and I never fully wrap them - I leave one end open for smell... I use boxes..

and I've always heard when you buy soap you should unwrap it - it lasts longer....

Congrats on your first batches!

The olive oil, beeswax and stearic do work well to make a harder bar of soap... but the bars will naturally harden right up within 24 hours plus or minus..

The fact that you're able to push down and flatten the molded part is just because it's not quite done naturally hardening yet.. but no worries.. it'll be just fine!