My Firestarters, Round 2

firestarters.jpg

Here are my firestarters I will be taking to a craft show that generally gets aroun 800 people walking through. Ive made 50 sets of six like this. Lotsa of them xmasy, red and green. Do you think I can get MAYBE $5 a set for these? Ive never sold them before and hopefully there will be an interest. Now also do you think I should make more as well? I plan to do some other craft shows as well.

Thanks

I think they are very attractive. As for pricing, it may depend on the area you live in. We are semi-rural and most people have wood burning stoves. At a Christmas craft show, I sold some in a package of 4 for $1.00 and still couldn't sell them all. I had hoped people would use them for sledding and skating parties. I wasn't real sure about recommending them for the wood stove use. I hope you do better than I did, as they are super nice. Good luck. Beth

Do you make these and sell them individually? If so, I would sell them at like a "pack" price. So if you sell them for $0.75 a piece then sell the pack for $4.00. Hope that makes sense.

They are great though. Absolutely love them!! I especially like the little shapes on the top. What kind of wax are you using for them? also, are they regular muffin size or mini muffin size? And where in the world did you get the pans?

When we go to our cabin we have a wood burning stove and yes we do use what I do not sell in them to start the fire. They work great. I sell 2 of them for $1.00 and they go very well for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Its some soy wax, I buy a 35 pound brick and use that. The muffin tins I purchased at $1 store as well :) Im not going to sell them individually I dont think.

Just FYI, to save on costs, i would think you can just pour the wax and fixens directly into the 6 holes of the tin muffin pan, instead of pouring them first into the individual cupcake wrappers. I would think that you could push up on the buttom of the muffin pan and the firestarter should release.