Mango Papaya

van_yulay

What is up with the Mango Papaya lately. I have tried three suppliers, Candle Science, Candle Supply and silly me Candle Chem on Ebay. The Candle Chem mango seriously smells like super glue. I am not kidding. I called them concerned, because it smells like it would exploxed! :mad: I am spending way to much money on scents lately and they are weak, and not true to scent. Anyone has a great supplier for this scent, I would appreciate it.

OOB is not a supplier or a fragrance. It is an acronym which stands for "out of the bottle" and means to smell the fragrance from the bottle rather than in some application. OOB reviews are not usually helpful since adding an FO to something (meaning putting the FO in wax, soap, lotion or whatever your product is) can change the way it smells.

Smelling a fragrance OOB or out of the bottle will give you an idea only of the fragrance. You have to put it into the application to be sure of how the finished product will smell.

Some FO's smell the same OOB as they do in the finished product while others can be very different.

But if you don't like that one you got I still recommend Peaks. It smells the same OOB as it does in the wax and throws great.

So, the mango I got from Ebay, that smells clearly like supper glue is going to smell like mangos when I add it to wax?

I've never had a Mango that smelt like super glue OOB, but you'll have to keep us posted on the HT (hot throw) when you're finished. :)

Well, it is not mango or papaya. I dont know what it is. It has no smell whats so ever. No throw at all. I am going to order from Peaks. They have good feedback. I know Brambleberry Mango Mango is awesome. But I really need Mango papaya. :mad:

You made me get up out of my comfortable chair to go and look!! I got mine from Millcreek and it had a great CT and HT and OOB! I was really surprised how much I liked it, because I was never much of a fruity person. (OK, ya'll stop laughing!) Bottom line, it smells good all the way around! :yay::yay:

I feel really bad, because I told a new customer that was thinking of doing candles that if you want to try some frangrance and dont want to spend the money go to ebay... Now I have bought things from CandleChem, dye and such and never had a problem. I wont do that agian. The Scent I purchase from CS is good, but it is not good in my lotion. I think I will just buy small samples from these places. I am really not that picky but this scent is driving me crazy. I appreciate all the help , I will go shopping! Ö¿Ö

PS I wonder how much time we do in Marketing and Research. LOL