CB Advanced vs C-3

OK, I need opinion please. Started "playing" with soy again and made tumblers in each wax, 3/4oz fo - Eucalyptus Spearmint from JS, love this scent, added 1/2 tsp USA to 1/2 lb of wax. The tumblers have not cured quite 48 hours. The C-3 has a large wetspot and the advanced perfect so far, no color and poured each at approx 150. I put a tart in a plug-in in each bathroom and the CB advanced seems to be smelling much stronger, each had cured approx 44 hrs.

So you that have tried both waxes, what is your opinion? tia

The CB Advanced certainly has a better appearance. No wet spots or anything after 48 hrs. That is when I start testing them. My biggest problem is that I have a severe case of candlenose and can't smell anything, plus sinus on top of that. Standing right over it is great but don't know about the rest. My best tester is my sister and she lives about 30 miles away so she can't always test. Right now I am burning Coconut Milk and Lavender in the CB and using a CD 14 in a straight sided jar that holds about 9oz of wax. Burning great but just don't know about the throw.

I have about 1/2 case of the CB and that is why I was trying to get it to work and about 10lbs of the C-3.

Try mixing them...I did thatwith 415 and Advanced and got the best of both world's.I like you at the time was testing alot of waxes and decided on one then had those left over so I mixed them 50/50,worked great.I now use C3 and am loving it...I don't color unless someone request's it.

Good Luck! Kimmeroo:smiley2:

Thanks kimmero, I so want the CB advanced to work. It is just perfect in the jar. I have just made a tumble of each, the CBA I put 1/2 tsp coconut oil, and the C-3 I put 1/2 tsp USA. Scented with Eucalyptus Ice from JS, Oh that does smell so good. I will see how they turn out.

I do have some 415 so maybe I need to try one mixing the 415 and the CBA and try that. Think I will right now!!! Great idea.

Well, I have got 3 curing - 1 CBA, 1 C-3, and one 1/2 & 1/2 415 and CBA. Curing since the 13th. Will probably burn next week. The mixed soy and the C-3 seem to have about the same scent throw cold, the mix is still perfect looking as well as the CBA, no wet spots or anything. The C-3 has wet spot - 1 really large one. the CBA does not have the cold throw as the other 2. Will probably just try the mix since I have the most of those 2 waxes. Can't really detect much difference in the cold throw of those 2.

Has anyone tried CB advance and C3 mixed 50/50 together? I have tons of cb advance to use up and wondering if it will throw good with the c3? How about using both waxes together in tealights?

Well, if I do decide to have a soy line I guess C-3 it will be. My sister came over this afternoon and I had a CBA in a small bedroom, CBA & 415 in another small bedroom, and the C-3 in the master bedroom which is much bigger. They were all made the same, in a 10oz tumbler and she picked the C-3 as being the best throw even in a bigger room. Now just to decide if I want extra headaches or not :cheesy2:

Mtt I had thought about mixing the CBA and C-3 also and may just give it a try.