Think I was given the wrong wax.....

I purchased wax from the place I normally do. I purchased J223 like always. But, when I started working with it, it was a little harder and I noticed after the candle set up that it was shiny on top and the J223 is never shiny. J223 is also softer to cut. The place I purchase from also carries 6006 and I was wondering if it could be that? Anyone used both of these waxes? Does 6006 look shiny?

Oh my. I sure hope the wax has not changed. I just tested the candles I made and they sure are underwicked. They almost completely drowned out and it is the average wick size that I use for most FOs with J223. Not sure what to do. :confused:

I ran into a situation with the 4630 wax where I received "harder" batches that affected the wicking (had to wick up) and the scent throw (reduced). I could tell immediately by the "feel" when cutting. It did have a slightly different appearance.

I recently bought J223 instead of 4630, it is softer and wicks normally and throws better. Got it from the classy's. I am hoping that the J223 hasn't experienced the same demise. Seems the specs are quite wide and can vary on the high or low range and still be deemed acceptable.

I would definitely contact the supplier to inquire, hopefully it is as simple as the wrong wax for you :( . Also, may I ask which supplier? If I am not mistaken IGI has different plants which yields different results that sells to different suppliers. Maybe the supplier recieved a different batch ??

Oh mercy, I feel your pain . . .keep us posted !

I purchased from a place in Oklahoma. Which is where I have purchased all other batches.

My sister was actually the one who went in the other day to get it. She said the lady seemed flustered and had a hard time finding it. So, I'm hoping she just grabbed the wrong wax.

So we went back today. The lady was very helpful and went back to the back to get some more J223 so we could compare it and it was the same wax. I'm not sure what is going on, but this is not the wax I have been testing with. :confused:

The J223 I have been working with is so easy to wick. In my 8oz square mason I have been wicking with 44-24z and with the harder to wick scents I use 51z. With this new wax the 60z was drowning. The bad part about this was I was almost finished testing. :(

I am thinking maybe I will order a sample of J223 from Lonestar and compare the two.

I went through this last year with Soy 402. I have been buying that wax for 5 years. No problems.Then something made my try a scent I normally use.It was drowning with a medium wick in the 8 ounce JJ.

I am so paranoid now feeling I need to test all before they go out. Just that batch I was finding more that I cared to find that had to wick up.What is going on with most of these waxes???? You are having the same problem as me.Scents that are always fine but suddenly not??? The scent I used was one I carried before and then it was terrible burning.Just something made me burn it.Maybe a extra candle?? Then after testing more the same problem. All of these needed wicked up in a JJ.

What if we had sent these candles on? We should NEVER have to test again BUT with the problems we may have to in order to keep customers.Waste if you ask me and time consuming. I did have one customer (on her 4rd order) and I was having a heck of a time wicking those little flower pot votives.Testing all the scents over and had to wick up.Well got the order out but took some time.I didn't charge her.I explained something with my wax.Never heard from her again. She was ordering about every 3 weeks. Makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could make or break us.Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynnS

So we went back today. The lady was very helpful and went back to the back to get some more J223 so we could compare it and it was the same wax. I'm not sure what is going on, but this is not the wax I have been testing with. :confused:

The J223 I have been working with is so easy to wick. In my 8oz square mason I have been wicking with 44-24z and with the harder to wick scents I use 51z. With this new wax the 60z was drowning. The bad part about this was I was almost finished testing. :(

I am thinking maybe I will order a sample of J223 from Lonestar and compare the two.

Will the supplier or did the supplier inquire with the IGI for more info? I know wax specs are wide but it seems to me like there is a problem with the batch. Just wondering . . .