Please Help me find CD24 Wicks

blt212

I have checked every candle supplier I can find and everyone only goes up to a CD22. I've tested the CD22 and I know I need that CD24 to get the wicking just right....even tested LX24, 26 and HTP1212 thinking I might find a match there but they're not quite right...so if anyone knows where I can get CD24 and not have to purchase 5000 wicks....please let me know....

Thanks

Brenda

Do they even go that high? I've never seen them on anyone's charts.

You may want to try an Eco 14 or 16, they are very good for hard to wick scents. CSN 22 & 26 are strong wicks too. All of these can be found at candlescience.

I have never seen them that high.....(must be an echo in here :laugh2: ). You stated that you had tried an HTP1212. Did you try the HTP1312?

What are the dimensions of the jar? That seems like it would be awful hot. Maybe you will have to try double wicking. :confused:

Michelle

ADDED: I just checked the catalog for a manufacturer that I buy from and they do not make them that big. Sorry.

According to the chart below they actually go up to a CD30 and I can order from them but their minimum is 3000 wicks. Typically I wouldn't need a wick this large for this jar but I'm working with a custom essential oil blend and it needs a bigger wick. The CD22 wasn't bad but after 4 test burns it wasn't cleaning the jar even after 4 hour periods. The jar is a tumbler, 3 1/4" wide. Since I couldn't find the CD24, I tried the LX and HTP's....The HTP1212 is burning about the same as the CD22 so maybe going up to the HTP1312 will be do it. I am not seeing an overwicked jar with any of these wicks...it's not hot and doesn't have a huge flame.....now if I was wicking FO, I agree that would be a whole other story. I'm waiting on a call back from Candles & Supplies...they may be able to make them up and offer a smaller qty....in the meantime, I'm going to order the HTP1312...I think the CSN's are designed for Palm wax but maybe I'll get those too. I've been test burning this candle for weeks now and it's so frustrating :angry2: when I know that CD24 would be perfect.

Thx

Brenda

http://www.wickit.net/recommendations.html#scd

Have you considered a LX30? I use them in soy containers that are 4" and get a clean burn with even the most heavy FO. Just a suggestion. In my experience the difference in the 1312 and 1212 is very slight and if the 1212 has a hard time the 1312 won't cut it either - just my observation, buf if you check out the wick charts on http://www.wicksunlimited.com you will see what I mean.

HTP might work but I wouldn't think lx will. I have never found lxs to work well with EOs. I still think the ECO 16 at CS would have been a good candidate. I have some EO candles that only ECO or HTP work in. I just got my patchouli blend right by using a smaller container. I'm using an HTP 126 in an 8 oz jelly jar. Sounds like it would be huge but it is doing great all the way down.

So if you can't get the wicks to work in that container, try going with a little smaller container for that scent.

Also can't candles and supplies or wickit send you a sample of cd 24 to see if they would work?

Yes, I've been trying to get samples but it's hard to even get through to the place. I've left two messages.....now I wish I ordered the ECO16 from CS this morning when I ordered the LX30's and larger HTP :confused: I did try an ECO14 out of my sample pack but that was the largest I had. It definitely wasn't big enough but maybe the 16 might have been... I do like ECO's and use 8's and 10's in my 16oz jars...they can mushroom but I like they way they burn. Thank you again for the feedback, I really appreciate the help, my head is starting to spin with this testing and it doesn't help that I'm working within a deadline to get this done. I need to provide samples to a company and they're going to review before deciding on a big order so I only have one shot..

Brenda

Heinz Verhaegh

5 Mission Way

Tenafly, NJ 07670

hvco@aol.com

www.heinzverheagh.com

tele: (201) 871-4749

fax: (201) 871-5881

This is right off of the package of samples size CD20-CD30 I received (for free) in the mail today. They sent 10 of each, 12" long. They also sent a bag of bases of all sizes and types.

The response was very fast.

They are the manufacturers.

They have a 5,000 piece minimum.

I do not have any pricing from them yet, or a list of distributors.

Thank you very much for the Heinz info....I'm not sure why but every time I call I get an answering machine. I called that same number today. I leave my info and never hear back. Maybe I'll try emailing and see if I get anywhere. In the meantime, Jeana is sending me an ECO16 to try and I should get my LX30's and HTP1312 tomorrow or the next day.

Brenda...

I just want to say again what a great forum this is and how helpful everyone is....I just received another PM from another forum member, Deb, offering to send me some ECO16's. It's refreshing to see sincere kindness at work in our sometimes very crazy world... :yay: With all the help I've been getting, I'll have no excuse not to get this GD candle wicked correctly!!!

Brenda

The high number of wicks for a minimum order is a special concern not only to us but to our suppliers as well. They don't want to sit on 5 or 10 thousand of the smallest and largest sizes because they just don't have as much "call" for them. I am using CDs for my smallest sizes because I can't locate CDNs under size 8!! It's so frustrating to know the sizes are manufactured but are not carried by the suppliers in quantities that most folks can afford. VERY AGGRAVATING!! :undecided

Thanks for the sample info from Heinz, RJ! I have requested samples from Wickit before but never thought of contacting the manufacturer. Guess I thought they were located only in Germany... :rolleyes2