Labeling

I have been experimenting with different label looks for an 8 ounce square mason jar candle but cannot seem to find a style/size that I like that fits the jar and looks nice. Would anyone mind sharing what size labels they use on these and where you purchase them from? Thanks in advance.

When I made that jar, I used the 2.5 inch round, and placed it on top of the lid. To me, leaving the jar plain, with no label was what I liked. IMO those jars just look better with nothing on the jar itself. I purchased them from brown kraft labels. But now BCN carries them for cheaper than what I paid for them from BCL. HTH

I agree with southern.. I too label the top with a 2.5 round label... and market it as "enjoy the ambiance of the flickering candle from all sides"... because of no labeling on the jar.:) My labels are white 2.5 round and I purchase them from onlinelabels.com

I use 1.5 X 3 labels made from my primera but I'm sure online has that size, I have used kraft and white and now use the water resistant ones on them. I had problems labeling the lids as people would take the lid off to smell them and then put a different lid on and get them all goofed up especially in wholesale acct's where the people don't really have time to play musical lids, I liked the way it looked on the lids as well. I hope you find a solution they aren't the easiest jar to label that is for sure.

janis

My second year of making candles I went with the label on the lid. My labels on the jar were getting nasty and beat down with people handling them when they picked them up to smell. I really like them on the lid. All they have to do is look on the top and see all the info they need.Scent etc. Then sniff.

I have no idea why a shop would want them on the jar. So many people handling them.If I could find a label smudge free label I would think about it but this is working great.

I use the 2.5 inch round labels too. They fit on all my jars.Even the 16 ounce Country jar. I can use the 8 ounce JJ lid on my 16 ounce Country Jar.

LynnS

That's what I was thinking. I like the plain look of the label just on the lid but the wholesale people who ordered from me don't. They say it's hard to display them. I even thought of doing the jar labels only for that order but then how would that make my business look. I suppose as a business you try to make your customers happy whether it's wholesale or retail. If you look at my site www.texascandlefactory.net though you'll see on the right a picture of the jar and the labeled lid. No one else but that one wholesale account has said anything about the label on the lid.

I use the hang tags from Labels by the Sheet. I use the black prim lids on my jars so I buy black elastic from Michaels to hang them with. I have gotten many compliments on them. I considered labels on the jars, but I have seen lids get all mixed up at parties where people are passing them around, so that wouldn't work good for me. Also I offer people a discount for returning the lid to me...they are so expensive, I like to reuse them. That would be a pain to get labels back off. That being said, I make sure that my caution label has all my business info as well, because hang tags are easy for a wholesale customer to remove. I like to keep my name on the jar somewhere.

I too did the round on the lid but they got confused when people where smelling... I tried hang tags but they got messed up in the boxes...

I think it's Aztech that carries 8oz mason without writing all the way around.. I used those for a while...

I then just switched to salsa jars...