First Bath Salts

OverSoyed

We finally finished our first production of bath salts... here are a few of them:

Wild Cherry, Apple Sugar, Banana Pudding, Vanilla Bean, Lavender, Lemon Custard, Melon Creme, Pink Grapefruit, Rich Chocolate, Island Mango, Strawberry, Coconut Cream, Rainbow, Patchouli, Sunflower, Oatmeal Cookie, and Honey

l_08c81fc0baa348f3841d0afb3ed1cdf6.jpg

l_1b74d49f6a0e4294b540b0375a45f38d.jpg

two things off the top of my head ...

(1) watch saying "all natural" when it appears you've colored them

(2) watch the intensity of that coloring ~ does it color the bath water? If so, even the slightest, you need to have a warning about that. Especially reds/pinks ~ it's rather freaky to end up in blood colored water (sorry for the graphic, but there's no better way to explain it).

I know you want color to attract people, and they're very pretty!

Those do look awsome! Beautiful colors. The coloring the water part would not bother me ...that would be fun ..even the red, but I agree about the 'all natural' part.

I think you do need to watch the 'all natural' part some people take that VERY seriously...and add they dye to the ingredient list.

While the colors look intense in the package, they only tint the water slightly. Nothing to be concerned over. I actually find that my bubble bath from B&BW colors my water a lot more than our salts do, especially the cherry pie scent. Talk about bloody water! :laugh2:

As for being all natural, granted that are dyed, but with approved dyes, and only contain the slightest fraction by weight of the overall ingredients.

They are labeled on the backs with the scents, as well as the Net Wt. and ingredients per INCI regulations.

(2) watch the intensity of that coloring ~ does it color the bath water? If so, even the slightest, you need to have a warning about that. Especially reds/pinks ~ it's rather freaky to end up in blood colored water (sorry for the graphic, but there's no better way to explain it).

I know you want color to attract people, and they're very pretty!

HAHA! Thanks hun...

That's what Mom is for! :laugh2:

She has a medical condition (lymphademia), so she has to take showers and sit on her chair in the tub to rest. She said "you know I can't get in the tub to take baths..." which I replied... "I know, but you can always fill up the tub and soak your tootsies."

And we made Patchouli especially for Hubby's mom. :lipsrseal It is super strong, in a good way. I guess I'll never be a hippy! :laugh2:

Beautiful! I love the colors and the labels are really nice. Do you need any testers?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Rae

You have inspired me to try some salt bars. I like showers, so that's why I will start with the bars. Off to make them. If Mom gets tired of testing just let me know.:laugh2: :laugh2:

Rae

HAHA... I'll keep that in mind. :laugh2:

Love to see your bars when they are done.

Tristan

You have inspired me to try some salt bars. I like showers, so that's why I will start with the bars. Off to make them. If Mom gets tired of testing just let me know.:laugh2: :laugh2:

Rae

I'll add that they aren't natural with fragrance in them either. Now if there were EOs listed ... different story, different attraction for that all-natural crowd.

Point she made is that all-natural has no color. Good that the vibrancy of your colors don't tint the tub.

I too think those look great! Very Vibrant colors!

Another thing to look into is adding some wording about not using those in those tubs with jacuzzi jets or it was some other type of "bath/spa type tub".....When I use to make bath salts I found that is one warning you should put on your label....seems they can cause damage. Possibly caustic due it being salt.....If I find it, I'll post.

Carrie

Yea, I have seen similar warning like that, but I did put "1/4 in a warm bath." That should be enough.

Granted, the list of warnings could run a mile long if you wanted them. ie. don't ingest, not for use with children, external use only... and so on. But we hope as I'm sure you do, that your customers use some common sense.

:tiptoe::tiptoe::laugh2::laugh2::tiptoe::tiptoe: