This pretty purple

Jeana

Jeana, I think the Grape Pop color from TKB will come close to that purple. You're going to have to play with it, but even with a touch of the blueberry pop (which you should get too lol) will probably get you closer to the darker purple.

It reminds me of something you could get with alkanet root until you add the lye/water. Then it turns to a more grey/blue purple. Not what I am looking for.

I just ordered some colors from TKB not too long ago, of course I didn't get the grape pop or the blueberry pop :( Seems every purple I get morphs into a muddy color, rather than this bright cheary one.

Oversoyed - that must have been really disappointing, getting green when you wanted purple.

In my newb soaps post in the gallery, the purple is grape pop with some blueberry pop mixed into it, just not enough to change it. I may try a batch with equal parts of the two colors at some point.

I was told to help anchor purple with some blue, but even the grape pop straight out hasn't gone gray on me. If I don't use enough, well it will go light.

Oversoyed - that must have been really disappointing, getting green when you wanted purple.

Thanks for the sympathy... but somehow I'll get by. :laugh2:

I think I got it to work though, at least with my black cherry. I used some Violet with the Purple, and it turned out tinted Purple... :P