Body Wash Base

I am looking at purchasing body wash base from Wholesale Supplies Plus since so far, they are the closest supplier to me. (of what I can find so far). However, the smallest container that they have is 1 gallon and has a recomended shelf life of only 1 year. Is that typical for body wash bases? I don't know if I personally can get through 1 gallon of body wash base in a year???

Thanks for your help and sorry if I posted in the wrong spot, normally don't deal with soap stuff, but I am interested in trying to make some bodywash for my personal use.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CategoryID=1468&CategoryName=Body+Wash+Base

I don't know... WSP puts a one year "best used by" date on EVERYTHING they sell. At least everything I have purchased from them.

I purchased a gallon jug of that from them over 1.5 years ago. It still looks, feels, smells, mixes with FO the same way it did when I got it. I only use if for myself and family though, and I try to minimnize the number of times I go in and out of the bottle.

Has anyone tried both the WSP body washes and BC's Aloe Wash? How do they compare? I really like the way the BC version foams in the shower but it gets fairly thin when you add FO. I love it but it looks runny in the bottles and I would like it to look more luxurious (aka really thick).

I wanted to get opinions on how they compare before I buy a whole gallon and get stuck with it. Also if any one has a suggestions on a supplier that has one that will be what I am looking for please share. I want to add it to my product line but haven't yet because I didn't have the $$ to buy a million different bases AND still have enough to build stock. TIA for your imput!!

I've used BCN's & WSP's and personally I like WSP's best. If your base gets too thinned out with FO you can get Crothix to thicken it back up again. I don't have a bottle in front of me but I think I got it from WSP.

I used to sell a lot of b&b but it's dwendled off except at Mother's day etc when I make baskets...but I use my gallons up in under a year just making soap for our kitchen, bathroom, and stuff for me and Bobbie. I do have one bottle that I use for the shop soap (don't scent it just refill the dispenser) and it's over a year old from WSP and it's absolutely perfect.

I've tried so many Body Wash Bases and don't really like them, They turn to thin with fragrance oils added. I've had the best luck with TC Labs body wash concentrate this way I control how liquid it gets, they were bought out by boutique labs.

I just checked out Boutique Labs and they have some cool stuff. Are there other sites like them?