Just curious

I would like to get some opinions of how everyone ends up picking the wax they do. And I have a couple specific questions about this.

When all of you are comparing waxes, how many different scents and colors do you try before you make up your minds? Do you mainly choose your best sellers and test those? Remember this testing is just to compare waxes.

Also, a couple of the waxes I've been trying are really preforming well. So I'm having a difficult time making the end decision. How do some of you make your choices when one product is not overwhelmingly better than the others?

Thanks for opinions and input:smiley2:

I tried three different soy waxes before I settled on the one I use now. I tested it with the FO's that usually gave me some wicking difficulties ... cinnamon and other heavier scents. I have now found that my wax works well with all of the FO's I use, accepts my liquid dyes well, and gives a strong cold and hot scent throw. It took a while to get it to stop frosting, but once I passed that hurdle, I couldn't be happier with my choice. While the other waxes I tried performed well, too, the deciding factor in my choice was cost. The wax I use now is much more economical than the others.

Hi Jeana,

I mainly look for scent throw the most and burn qualities. However, if it has a great scent throw but the burn qualities are too bad for my liking I will move on. If a wax has it all except the scent throw is not as good as another one that may not have it all but has a great throw and a few quirks that I can manage, I will go for the one with the better scent throw and deal with the other quirks as long as it is not soot, weak flames, etc. If I end up with two waxes that are just about equal in quality but one may have a slight better throw I would go for the better throw even if I can get the other one closer. If both have the same scent throw but one may be a slight bit "quirkier", then I will look to where I can purchase the wax and will probably go for the one closer with less shipping. Boy, I just read what I wrote and I am confused. :tongue2: lol All in all if they both have an equal scent throw, I would go for the one that is less of a hassle to deal with. For example, if I could find a soy that I thought had as good of a scent throw as the CB-3 and scents smelled as good in and was definitely easier to work with (no dips, hairline cracks, no repours required), I would go for it even though I would have to pay more shipping. I am sure you are totally confused now. lol :o

~Holly

I choose a wax that I could get locally to save on freight. As far as scent throw goes, if a scent does not throw for me, I will try the same scent from another vendor or two to see if the scent will work in soy for me. If all of my scents fail from all 3 sources I do not carry that scent for soy. I used to color my soy but after battling with frost issues I made the decision not to color on my standard product line. I will do custom color jobs if requested.

I would like to get some opinions of how everyone ends up picking the wax they do. And I have a couple specific questions about this.

When all of you are comparing waxes, how many different scents and colors do you try before you make up your minds? Do you mainly choose your best sellers and test those? Remember this testing is just to compare waxes.

Also, a couple of the waxes I've been trying are really preforming well. So I'm having a difficult time making the end decision. How do some of you make your choices when one product is not overwhelmingly better than the others?

Thanks for opinions and input:smiley2:

P.S.

I forgot to mention that I usually test my best throwing fragrances which I love and cannot do without and if a wax does not throw them well and does not make the best of them I move on. I test usually the minimum of 3-4 scents -- but these are my strong throwing ones. I am sure that if I was beginning to test waxes I would test more fragrances before I would stop, but since I already have a lot of the fragrances picked out that have thrown well and I love and want I don't test as many as in the beginning of my wax search. HTH