Wood wicks from Lonestar, has anyone tried?

Yes please keep us posted on how these wood wicks work for you, I purchased some and tried 2 of them but they didn't burn well, I did read some where someone said they burn better if you dip them in wax, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I poured my first one with the large lonestar wood wick in a 10 oz apothecary jar. It's 3.75 inches wide. Wax is Acu para 30 (which is 70% para and 30% soy). 6% FO Jamacia Me Crazy. Poured around 165 degrees. Wick trimmed to 1/8 inch before first burn. Wick secured with a wood wick tab that came with the wicks and a wick stick um. Let cure for a few days. Here is a video link showing the crackle sound. This video is from the first burn- this is MY test: (Oh, and the reason there are 2 flames showing on my wick is because I tried to trim the wick with scissors before buying some end snippers to trim with and got a small crack in the wick. This did not seem to affect the burn.)

And here is the "Wood Wick" brand burning...this test is not mine, from someone else on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgvEn8-J6o0

First burn went ok, but MP was about 5/8 inch deep...maybe a little too deep? This was after buring for 3.5 hours. Glass was not too hot to handle at end of first burn. Cold and hot throw was good. Flame was not unsafe looking.

Second burn in progress. I just pinched the burned part off the top of the wick. This was very easy to do and the candle re-lit well. We are now 3 hours into this test and the wick still has a nice crackle.

I will keep you posted as tests continue.

I ordered the large and xlarge wood wicks from Lone Star. I have been testing them this week in a 16 oz Classic Jar. I use Comfort Blend and GL444 blended. The xlarge wick was too large, burned too hot, but the large has been perfect so far. Nice stong hot throw (I'm currently testing Lone Star's Indian Summer). It will take alot of testing before I'll even consider selling this type candle and I'll let you know as I try the different scents with this wick. As far as trimming goes, so far the wood does a pretty good job of staying on the short side. We'll see.....

Oh, and yes, I can hear the crackling.