big sink hole

Can anyone tell me why one of my candles formed a big sink hole in it:confused:. I use the 16 oz wide mouth jars. One of my customers returned it to me. I've never seen this happen in a candle. The customer ordered 3 of the same exact candles and only one did that. They were all made at the same time. It really looks like a big sink hole. I could tell that the candle wasn't even lit long before it happened because the candle hadn't even melted down from the edges yet. It was still at the fill line. any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I used a 60 zinc core wick with it in 4360 wax with peaches and cream scent. Thanks again.

The last batch of 4630 I recieved did some weird things too. It had huge craters and holes at the top. I had never had this problem with 4630 until this batch. I heated to 180 and poured at 170ish like always. It was strange. :confused:

What's strange about Tamese's is that only one out of 3 did it. Could it be the very first one she poured had been too hot, and then by the few seconds later when the others were poured the wax had cooled off just enough that it was OK then?

Hard to say without knowing all the variables about the scent, the mix, the temp etc. and then maybe it was heat that did it on its own. Excessive heat will do it as I've watched it happen, but I'm going to guess that there could have been an air cavity and the wax, went cool, maybe sunk into it. I'm guessing.

I poured 24 jars yesterday and 1 had a huge sink hole and I think I know what happened. The wax temp was the same as the others but this one was poured a bit higher than the rest and the a/c turned on and I think it cooled the skim layer too fast and an air pocket formed. I could be totally off on this but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!:laugh2: