Can I/Should I - A CP Soap Question

Kelly

OK, so I can't remember or find if I asked this here before or not but either way I'd like some fresh opinions/thoughts. I mainly use those clear plastic molds and for me they have been difficult to wrap in towels after pouring the soap into them... So... How absolutely necessary is it?

I ask because I keep wanting to do more CP because I enjoy it, but worrying that not wrapping in towels will hurt my soaps in some way so I've been shying away.

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts!!

I prefer not to gel as well.........esp with my milk soaps which go in the fridge/freezer...

I am letting my cuke/tomato log gel......which is unusual for me! :D

(I'm in experiment mode!)

In my limited experience, for the most part it is a matter of preference.........more experienced soapers may have a more educated response!

Happy Soaping!

dana

It's really just a matter of personal peference. I gel all of my soaps with the exception of my milk soap. I prefer this because it sets up sooner and allows me to move along a little faster especially if dealing with a finicky FO and I never worry about partial gel. I used to wrap & peek but a couple of years ago tried CPOP and never looked back.

One issue you may run into not wrapping your soap mold is the increased chance you will get a partial gel. Some FO's no matter what get hot but not always hot enough to get all the way through the soap. You always have the option to build a really simple wooden mold which will be easier to wrap.

Thanks for the responses all. I think whenever I CP I stress so much that I'm going to make a mistake and have to throw it out. I need to get over that!

Oh and CareBear I ran into that problem once already... I thought I was going to have to throw it out but then I gave it more time and it eventually popped out and was one of the best soaps I ever made!

Again thanks all for your responses I really appreciate it!!