Pictures and people

Scented

Man I was going to let this thread die, but those people are back at a show that started tonight and ends Saturday. They've already sent the children over, but just a heads up I guess -- they have their own business name and are setting out Mia B product, so some of you may start seeing this as opposed to just seeing Mia B out there. Fingers crossed no dramatics, but with the other vendors around them listening and spying for us, this could get interesting.

I'm confused about people sending the kids over to your booth? Do they look at your stuff to report back to the parents? Are they little kids or are these adult kids? Also what is Mia B?? Sorry I'm just not following this and I haven't started to sell at shows yet.

Thanks

They're little kids. Ages oh 7-9, maybe 10. They send the kids to ask questions or interrupt sales, get prices or make a point of trying to drive traffic to their parent's booth.

Mia B is Mia Bella.

I'd tell those kids to leave immediately! I'd be right in front of them with a very stern look and if they didn't move I'd gently but firmly lead them out!

Those in charge of the show should also be told and they should insist that the other vendor keep her kids in place and if she doesn't they should ask them to leave. It is completely unprofessional if the show sponsors do not control this situation. JMHO

I've never heard of Mia Bella.

I'd tell those kids to leave immediately! I'd be right in front of them with a very stern look and if they didn't move I'd gently but firmly lead them out!

Those in charge of the show should also be told and they should insist that the other vendor keep her kids in place and if she doesn't they should ask them to leave. It is completely unprofessional if the show sponsors do not control this situation. JMHO

I've never heard of Mia Bella.

What she said!!! I would do the exact same. No one needs to be a "victim" of someone else's competitiveness or insecurity.

I've never heard of Mia Bella, either.

You can go the route of being all wide eyed and concerned for their "safety in your booth" when you go to the organizers. Especially since they're in an out. We wouldn't want these little heathens to get hurt now, would we?

Yep that should do it and if that doesn't work bring all the kids that you know and send them over to there booth and see how they like it. Tell them its a scavenger hunt and in one of those mia bella candles is a winning ticket for all the free candy they can eat.:laugh2:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the finger pokers. You know, those kids or even adults that open up your candles and poke their finger in the wax. Gawd they drive me nuts! I even had someone gouge a hole in one. I had some kid start doing it and his mom was in a booth directly opposite mine about 8 feet away. I looked at her to see if she was gonna say anything to him. Nope. So I turned to him and said sharply not to poke his finger in my candles. He stopped and took off and never came back.

I just thought it was odd that you have to send your kids to "spy on the competition".

When I was finishing up getting the booth ready I saw them come in late setting up their booth. I just happen to see what they were bringing in and thought to myself 'OK so they might happen to have a item that is similar to what we sell" Within 5 minutes the craft organizer came over to an apologized saying that he didn't know that they were selling similar items. Apparently they "kinda left off what they were selling" and I told the organizer ain't NO be deal. We will deal with it. He also said because we had been coming to the same show for years WE would always have first preference and best location for our booth. I told him I appreciated that. Several other vendors also came over and were concerned as well since a lot of us do many of the same shows. So we tend to look out for each other.

However within 10 minutes of them setting up "here come the kids". I was talking to another vendor and saw them come in to my booth and I immediately turned to them and said" OH I see that you come to spy on my booth" The oldest one left and the little one just kept right on looking. Pretty crass if you ask me.

Anyway they walked by about 3 or 4 times during the night then the hubby walked by a couple of times as well. You know if you have be concerned about what other "competitors" are selling then apparently you do not have any confidence in your product or you don't know the market. What is even more sad is there is another candle booth right beside them that deals in gel candles so I am kinda curious how they are gonna to make their clams. Guess I will have to send out the underground troops to gather intelligence. :)

It is one thing to check out the competition but if you are going to do so just be up front about it and not send the kids. After all most of us vendors weren't born yesterday and this ain't our first bicycle ride.

Hope everyone has a great and profitable weekend.

Happy Memorial Day

Rockin