New Tag... take 2

I want to thank all of you who commented on the tags I posted earlier. Once we read your input we put the info together and agreed with alot that was said. We are trying to make something here at home to keep costs down. So it's trial and error. (mostly error) I'm posting some new pics of the modified tag. This goblet is our main concern right now since there is no way to put a lable on it that would look good. The yellow candle is with the proper tag. The brown candle has the original tag on it. As you can see it's smaller and we did away with alot of the color. The final photo is of the complete tag before it is cut and folded. Again I would appreciate any comments. I'm hopefully getting closer to something that is usable. I know that we can't please everyone. And Thanks in advance!

post-10455-139458455055_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458455058_thumb.jpg

post-10455-13945845506_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458455062_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458455368_thumb.jpg

I still think the tag is too big. I like it without color. I make my own labels at home, so I know what you're saying. However, is there a way to get this label smaller?

I'm still going to say the label needs something else on it ... small graphic of some sort. People are typically drawn to picture before words. Still thinking on it.

OK, I think your scent name is too hard to read. Whatever that art is on the back, can you combine it with maybe the flame from a lighter and make it your main art on the front?

Make your print on the bottom of the tag smaller so that it won't compete with the art.

Just a thought.

I can try to make the tag a bit smaller. I'm afraid if I go much smaller the wording will run together. The "info" lettering we are going to change from Purple to Black. The "scent" lettering we are going to try to match the candle. As for art work on the front.... I dont want to over-do it. I dont know if putting the website and jar size on the back would make a difference. I'll try and see if we like it.

Hello Shan,

You have been working really hard on a new label!!!Somewhere I missed take #1...I'll have to go and find it....

Ok, if I may, since you are open to suggestions, these are my suggestions...

The label really overpowers your candle...its a little large but if that is all you are able to work with now, I would scale down all the lettering on the label to begin with...Remember you want to have a balanced look...Your website is way too far down and sits at the bottom of the label and your lettering goes way out to the left and right sides too... Reduce the sizes of all your fonts to begin with...I would change your website font completely to one that is readable and make it smaller. I do like your name with the arch in them, but I would center Shantelle over Candle Creations.

How about your scent name in a different color?

Now from what I can tell, is the label a blue or lavender? Since you make colored candles, I think your going to find the color of the label to be constricting on some colors...I know you want it to pop, but if you went with a cream or even a jet black label, it would be very smart looking...and pick a basic color for all your words and just bring your color into the business name and maybe your scent name.

I'm not sure about your beads....Are they going to be part of your design all the time? If not, just maybe put a nice raffia ribbon around the jar and tie the hang tag into the raffia..

From looking at these labels my personal choice would be the tag with the arch in your name....It is so different and striking and I really love the way it came out...

You just need some balance and proportion here...

I have been designing some hang tags for wholesale accounts I've been getting...Maybe if you look at what I did, it might help you a bit....Now everyone has their own opinion but this is what I came up for me and my tag is actually a business card and mine too is a bit large, but I tried to lay out in proportion...So I'll post a picture here now...if you don't mind...

CIMG8586.jpg

Here is a closeup of the hang tag:

CIMG8604.jpg

The inside of hang tag:

CIMG8590.jpg

The backside of the hang tag:

CIMG8588.jpg

And this is what the business card looks like b/4 folded.

CIMG8615.jpg

I've been doing all my own design on Vista Print because I don't have any setup on my computer to make tags and wouldn't know the first thing about it. lol....so this is the only way I can figure out how to do a tag that I can afford and I've been getting them free! That always helps! lol

Hope this helps you out a little just to show a little balance...Some might not like it, but it works great for me!

Trapeur

I make my own labels, too, so I feel your pain.

How bout a border on the front? That might make it pop. i put one on mine and really liked the effect. Then I was able to use a plainer font that was more readable than the one I started out with.

Maybe it's just the photo but the tag still looks like it's too big. I would definitely go with smaller fonts that might be what is over powering the candle. Something more subtle that doesn't just jump out at ya. lol All I see is the label not the candle.

Your doing a great job Shan!.....Labels can be be a real pain in the butt but presentation is so very important....I was thinking since you only have 1 size smaller card and if it is still too big, why couldn't you do the fonts even much smaller and when you print them out just cut down the card smaller around the printing to make your hang tag even smaller...yea, that would be a pain, but maybe it would work?

Trappeur

lol, is that your label? With I assume your wife on it? I'm not making fun of you, believe me....I can see where your going and that is just so honorable for you to do something really special for someone you love like what you did here, but in all honesty, I wouldn't personally do it..Its a wonderful picture, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it really belongs on a candle label.....Has your wife seen the label yet? What is her opinion? The more I look at your label with that medallion on the back and the type look your going for, hey it might just work! I can't quite put my finger on what type look you have going on, but I see how different it is....You have some type of funky look to me and your colors that you are using for your fonts and what looks like to me, does your wife have blue dyed hair? Is that the look what you are going after? What type customers buy your candles?

Your balance looks so much better on the label now...but the medallion the words are still way too big in my opinion and have you tried going with 1 color font? Your medallion is white and to me the label is now a grey...is that right?

Why don't you change your label to a solid black background where the white medallion will pop and have black letters?

Trappeur

lol, is that your label? With I assume your wife on it? I'm not making fun of you, believe me....I can see where your going and that is just so honorable for you to do something really special for someone you love like what you did here, but in all honesty, I wouldn't personally do it..Its a wonderful picture, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it really belongs on a candle label.....Has your wife seen the label yet? What is her opinion? The more I look at your label with that medallion on the back and the type look your going for, hey it might just work! I can't quite put my finger on what type look you have going on, but I see how different it is....You have some type of funky look to me and your colors that you are using for your fonts and what looks like to me, does your wife have blue dyed hair? Is that the look what you are going after? What type customers buy your candles?

Your balance looks so much better on the label now...but the medallion the words are still way too big in my opinion and have you tried going with 1 color font? Your medallion is white and to me the label is now a grey...is that right?

Why don't you change your label to a solid black background where the white medallion will pop and have black letters?

Trappeur

Trappeur, This lable was all in fun, just to give me a break. In the picture my wife has a purple wig on at Halloween. She dressed as a witch. We dont have a "target" customer base. We sell at Flea markets, Antique Farm Equipment shows, Craft fairs, and Pagan/wiccan festivals. We also sell out of our house by referal by friends, customers and the website.

I dont think my wife would go for having her picture on the lable. Both pictures are made "transparent" with a program I have. The pictures are really alot darker (regular photos attached). I do think things look alot better with less on the front. Any more suggestions you have, I'm more than happy to hear. You are a great help

thank you

Shane

post-10455-139458455373_thumb.jpg

post-10455-139458455374_thumb.jpg

THERE you go!!!!!!!!!!!Now your cooking!....Now look at how that medallion (pops) on a black background!! And if you are going to print that medallion a lighter color like the grey you had shown and put your letters over it, you've really got something going on now....Terrific! Now, you have what looks like mosiac beads on your jars in black and gold and some other colors....so now this medallion which has a mosiac look and with your beads, see how they are are starting to flow together? And the gold beads and if you use other colors, everything will go with the black label because anything goes with black!!!

And yeah, we all do need some fun in our lives...and need to take a break....I for sure need one myself! lol, lol....That was cool about the wig! lol

Ok, keep going!!!!!

Trapp