Ok, the "new" soapcalc...

i think any change is always an ajustment..

at first i thought oh no..

but the more i use it the better i like it...i love the grafts..

but it does take some getting use to...

i can remember the first time i ever went on there to try and make a recipe for soap...i felt i was in a foregin land...i couldn't understand anything....:)

Yeah, I also like the "cleaner" and brighter look, but I also don't like going to another page to see my recipe. But I REALLY like the Wikipedia links. So I guess I like it more than I don't.

I just downloaded this calc last week and thought the graphs were cool and played around with it a little.

http://home.earthlink.net/~skinesscentuals/SoapCalc.html

I needed something on my computer in case I ever lost my net connection. I've been thinking about getting the SoapMaker program.

I've only used soap calc since I started soaping b/c it seemed the easiest for me. MMS calc confuses my brain!

I don't mind it now that I've tried it once lol. Will have to play with it more. What I don't like is being able to see the changes in certain numbers as I try to formulate a recipe. That part I will miss, because I don't like going back and forth from page to page. I'd rather it were in front of me.

I don't mind it now that I've tried it once lol. Will have to play with it more. What I don't like is being able to see the changes in certain numbers as I try to formulate a recipe. That part I will miss, because I don't like going back and forth from page to page. I'd rather it were in front of me.

My thoughts exactly.

The view/print page is pretty, but I like to be able to put in total oils as pounds and get the gram wt of each individual oil on the same page. Same goes for the lye concentration when I play w/ the water %. But all in all it's nice, and will just take some getting use to.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a copy of soapcalc on my computer which I downloaded for use offline before they changed their server - it worked fine until TODAY!!!!

I don't know what has happened but now it won't work offline and I do NOT like the 'new version' which only allows me to use it when I am online...... does anyone else have the same problem???

:(