Pryme help

You want to make a 5 lb batch, using 9% fragrance & 1% color

Hi bobby, To use Daphne formula, make the total percentage for your FO, wax and color equal 100%

ounces--

wax--(5X16) X 90%= 72 ounces

fragrance--(5X16) X 9%= 7.2 ounces

color--(5X16) X 1%= .8 ounces.

--------------

What method have you been using to determine the amount of FO to use? Do you usually add 7.2 ounces FO to 80 ounces of wax? If so, 1% would still be .8 ounces...you may want to increase your dye percentage.

HTH,

Donna

For soy wax you may want to use the full 1% of color. For paraffin you would use less. When I started, I used the full amount Daph stated and then tweaked it for my formula. It takes a little getting used to, but the end results are worth it!:cool2:

Hey bobbie, check out the excel color chart I sent you. Next to each color is the formula for acheiving it.. the last column in each row is the "color load" or total percentage of use. Some colors will take 1%... some .65% etc, depending. These are just my own personal formulations that I send out as a way to get you started. You can change them up and use any amt. you want.

Plug those numbers into the calculator for EXACTness...batch to batch, no waste, same uniform color every single time.

You will need to use the color chart in conjunction with the swatch page link I sent you. The excel sheet has the names and formulas and the link is the color swatch that goes with it. This is so you can see what these formulations actually look like in a finished 100% soy candle.

Not all colors will be used at the same level, so check that last column carefully. Like ChrisR said, you can take the examples I sent you and tweak them yourself.

You can modify the excel sheet to suit your own needs and keep adding new color formulas. I also emailed you so let me know if you need anything!

If there is a particular color you love ie: "Ocean"... cut the use level in 1/2 and you now have "misty morning" lol

The possibilities are endless

please let me know if I can help further. I did email you but saw you had posted, so got ya both ways just in case ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...