expiditing wickless testing???

rebeccajo99

I have little 2 oz tins that I am trying to wick for samples (either to give away or to sell if people want to try a scent before purchasing a big jar). I'm thinking that those would work for wickless too. I am making the 8 oz ones for wickless, but was wondering if I could expidite the testing process by testing the throw of the 2 oz ones and not the 8 oz ones. I'm just thinking that this will save some time, but don't know if this is possilbe. I know there isn't a way to cut corners on wicked candles, but did not know if you can on wickless.

Thanks for reading and sorry about the stupid question.

Can I ask you what you are testing for? For wickless, it would be scent throw.... correct? So basically the wax is the same, all you are testing would be the scent. If it does what you want. No need to test larger sizes if you are happy with the throw from the 2 oz.

Yes, I am testing the scent throw in wickless. I've tested and still testing the container for my first scent with the 8 oz, but I did not know if using the the 2 oz would just let me test new scents with it quicker. I have now gotten 2 different answers and still don't know what to do :sad2:

I would think that the 2 ounce would let you know quickly whether or not you like the scent and whether it works in your wax. After the FO passed that test, you would test the 8 ounce for throw from that container, room size, how long it lasts, etc.

HTH

Deb

I would test both. You will have a different range of scent throw with each of the sizes and while you may be happy with the scent throw of the 2 oz you may find the 8 oz does not give you what you desire....or visa versa.

JMO

Michelle

If you aren't going to sell the 2oz then I wouldn't bother testing them for wickless. Once your started selling the 8 oz you'd always be wondering in the back of your mind how well they are doing. I would.

Maybe to make things faster you could warm the 8 oz a couple times yourself, then if it does well, send it over to a tester person to see what they think. Then you could move on to the next scent while they take over on the previous one.

Personally, I'm only going to offer a few scents in the wickless, at least to start out. I think that makes it faster to get them out there too.