GM - fresh vs canned

Georgia

Hypothetically, if I was to play around with M&P and wanted to add GM to it would I add the same amount whether it was canned or fresh?

I know PA uses the canned right out of the can without diluting, but if I had planned on using 1/4 cup pp fresh would I still use 1/4 cup if it was canned? or less because it is concentrated?

I don't use melt and pour..

but i do use GM in my soaps....I have used both..

fresh and canned are very expencive here for me..

But just recently I made an order from The LotionCrafters, and

bought some of their GM powder..and I am loving it..it is so easy to use, and my understanding when you mix, it is just like using total GM..I can't tell one difference in my soaps..with using powder..

and the price is much much cheaper that canned or fresh..for me

I don't use melt and pour..

but i do use GM in my soaps....I have used both..

fresh and canned are very expencive here for me..

But just recently I made an order from The LotionCrafters, and

bought some of their GM powder..and I am loving it..it is so easy to use, and my understanding when you mix, it is just like using total GM..I can't tell one difference in my soaps..with using powder..

and the price is much much cheaper that canned or fresh..for me

You're right, there really is no difference in the end product!

I use fresh mostly because it's readily available to me, and I like the label appeal of "fresh goat milk" but I've used powdered MANY times, and it's not inferior in any way! Makes lovely soap!

PA,

I bought some canned last week and made a trial bar for myself and I love it!! I am now thinking of making some for our moms for Mothers Day and I'm worried about preservation... can canned GM in soap go rancid? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks so much!

PA,

I bought some canned last week and made a trial bar for myself and I love it!! I am now thinking of making some for our moms for Mothers Day and I'm worried about preservation... can canned GM in soap go rancid? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks so much!

Yes, it can go bad. Freeze it in icecube trays. When you're making your soap just toss the icecubes into the melted base and TaDa! Easy peasy!

Edited to say:

I totally misread your post LOL~ not unusual for me.

Yes, what 8 Gran Ones said. Once it's put into soap, it doesn't seem to go rancid at all.. so I think you'll be fine making it ahead!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...