Sponsoring a pageant

I was recently emailed about sponsoring a pageant. The thing that caught my attention was that they said "no money involved." How do you sponsor something with no money involved? I emailed back figuring what the heck and asked for more information. I was then emailed back and given a website address which I visited. Seemed too good to be true but there is no money involved they just want a donation to go into the contestants gift bags. In return they are offering free adverstising for me via their website linked to mine, business cards that the winner will hand out, free pageant admission, a half page ad in the program (6000 programs will be printed) and a thank you from stage as well as on the video of the pageant.

I'm sorta excited as I've never had this happen before and I'm hoping that something good will come of it in the form of future business. We shall see I suppose.

I saw a ad for donations needed for a auction that a Humane Society was having. I am sending them some candles. I need to get on it.Been busy and the auction is May 19. The town is about 45 minutes but still I will be getting out there.

Did put some candles in 2 other locations on consignment.Wii see how that goes. These 2 places asked me to put candles in their gift shops. I am seeing consignment lately.Makes me feel maybe the wholesale idea is not what they want.They did have a few they brought outright. Not sure how many they were able to sell.

The problem is my stock could grow if they don't sell.

LynnS

I'd check out the pageant to make sure its ligit before doing anything else. Making any kind of donation warrents an investigation to make sure; the pageant is real, the folks handling the 'donations' are in fact the official handlers of the pageant and not using their name. Good luck.

I would also be concerned with linking my website to theirs. If its a low ranking site or has little to do with the products you sell on your site; pageant.. candles?!... it could effect your ranking-- a lot! You want the best SEO for your site and linking to sites unrelated to yours and low ranking will bring your ranking down.

My personal opinion is that it sounds fishy.