Henri Bendel Vanilla Bean dupe

Crying Moon

Looking for a really great one. I've searched old threads and see that some folks were getting this from IFT a few years back.

But...I don't want 10 or 25 pounds.

I see that Save on Scents carries this now.

Has anyone tried it from there?

Is there a true dupe out there anywhere from someplace?

Thanks

Check DayStar...they carry alot of Dupe's..

If you can't find it, you may have to email her and ask her

which one it is..

She just sent me a email, stating that she is having to change

alot of her Dupe names because, the Company's have filed lawsuits, because her names are too close to the original..

I am a Henri Bendel addict. I LOVE every fragrance he has, especially Vanilla Bean. I ordered sniffie samples in every Bendel scent from Save on Scents and they were ALL dead on. I was amazed. The Vanilla Bean was a perfect dupe. Not sure what your application is, but I think they would be great in bath and body products. I only make candles. For their sniffies, they send small vials of their extreme concentrate. I poured the sniffie sample into a smidge of hot wax and couldn't smell a thing. I was bummed. Sure it's not a true test, but I figured I would be able to smell something. I haven't decided to order yet despite the fact that they are as close to the real thing as you can get. Check out the prices for the extreme concentrate... If you're making candles and decide to order, let me know how they work in wax, I'd love to know.

P.S. If anyone knows who has Vanilla Woods, Firewood, or Quince Henri Bendel dupes, please share.

• 1 month later...

Ok.....We tried the Bendel Vanilla Bean...and it has NO throw at all??? We have been making and selling Candles for 12 years...so we are NOT new on the block....and I have to say....I purchased the Cherry Blossom, Bendel Vanilla Bean and the PearBerry...and absolutly NONE of them threw for us at all.....Just wanted to RANT!!

Joyce & David

OK, so you don't like their FO's, you also stated that clearly on another thread.....enough already! It apparently works for others....apparently not in yours.

Ok.....We tried the Bendel Vanilla Bean...and it has NO throw at all??? We have been making and selling Candles for 12 years...so we are NOT new on the block....and I have to say....I purchased the Cherry Blossom, Bendel Vanilla Bean and the PearBerry...and absolutly NONE of them threw for us at all.....Just wanted to RANT!!

Joyce & David

As my wife posted earlier, we are not newbies and have been pouring candles for 12 years. We pour A LOT of candles and run around $18-20K a year just in scents we purchase; we use an elaborate and expensive testing regimen that has worked for us for years. Some distributors and all fragrance mfgs we don't bother testing because over time we have never had a scent that did not have great cold and hot throw. Some of these we swear be are: Peaks, Nature's Garden, Just Scents, Candle Chem, and Bitter Creek. Others we test and test. We find poor scents at times. The last time, after much discussion with the manager, he fessed up and said they did cut their scents to bring the price point down. His were exactly like Soap Supplies...good cold throw and almost no hot throw (midnotes). We post these rants to save beginning candle makers money and frustration. We had lots of that when we began and wish we had more feedback then. New candle makers don't sell enough and haven't poured enough to understand good scents from poor ones. We understand others love SoapSupplies' scents and more power to them.

Thank you for sharing your results. I have been searching for a Bendel Vanilla Bean Dupe for sometime and was wondering how this one turned out. I am a beginner at candle making. I do appreciate and value the opinions and experience shared by others on this board. Isn't that what it's all about?

If you ever find a good one, let me know. :)

I wanted to share my personal experience with this particular scent because it is hands down one of my absolute favorites. I currently have about 8 pounds of it on hand (sorry... won't part with any of it). I was the person that supplied SOS with the sample to duplicate it. My sample came from IFT. I have poured HUNDREDS of it in my 75/25 parasoy blend ( 75 J223 and 25 GB415) I use 1.5 ounce / pound and could easily use much less. The throw is off the charts. I hope this helps someone in their quest to find such a fabulous scent. If I remember correctly, it was about $15 per pound with the 10 pound minimum. I am not sure how they work anymore but it would be worth a co-op if you have to have this scent. Theirs is fantastic. In fact I am burning it now and my house smells fantastic. HTH... Teri

Teri,

Not sure what a co-op is. I can't even access that part of this site. So you supplied SOS (Save on Scents) with a sample to duplicate that came from IFT. Sorry for the confusion, but did you have IFT formulate the scent for you? Have you ever tried it from SOS?

Thanks,

Lisa

You have not been on here long enought to do a coop. Not a biggie. You will get there soon enough. Basically several people go in on a product to cut costs. If IFT has a minimum purchase of 20#'s several people could go in on it and each buy a few pounds a piece so you reach your minimum. I have not tried the version from SOS. I thought they would send me a pound since I supplied the sample, but no such luck :sad2: . I had purchased my fragrance oil from a gal who had IFT duplicate her candle. She was looking to sell some of her oil off so I bought it and it is to die for. I never imagined that SOS would charge $28 per pound for the Ultra Concentrate. That is way too much for an oil put in a candle. I just have no idea how IFT works anymore. I thought that they had changed their name. Henry Bendel Vanilla Bean is such an amazing scent. When you get more candles poured and decide if you want this scent bad enough.. you could send your own sample in to a perfume manufacturer and have it duplicated. I have done it and it is worth the effort. HTH

Teri