How do you store your wax??

I am using the glass glow and soy. They are both flakes. The boxes are getting on what's left of my last nerve. Is there a good container to use? What do you use? And ALL my other stuff...any of you organized?? I read the organized laughter thread. lol. Isn't a messy work place the sign of a genuine Enstein?:laugh2:

The boxes do get on my nerves a bit when they start getting empty, then I just use a smaller box. Other then that, it seems I can never keep the crafting area clean, that's why it's got it's own space, the attic! No one has to go up there that isn't crafting. For organization though, I use a lot of those rolling drawer things you get from Wal-Mart, some milk crates to hold my FO's, some mini milk-crates for specialized stuff (like soap dyes) and those containers you get at the Craft Store for holding embroidery thread with all the little compartments for dye chips. We've recently found that a paper towel holder makes a great holder for our spool of wick.

I keep my soy flakes (NatureWax C3) in the case it ships in (heavy plastic bag and real heavy cardboard). I keep my Glass Glow (NOT flakes - little pellets) in the case it comes in or in a big Rubbermaid tote. I am liking the cases more and more because of the plastic bags - can keep tightly sealed with NO air to promote oxidation. The cardboard keeps the wax insulated against extreme heat (big problem down here in rural Hades). :)

I use a storage cabinet on wheels for FOs and additives - usually store the open C3 in the bottom. I have another rolling table for candles to cool on. The plastic totes fit under my pouring table (trestle style) perfectly. Metal molds are in a set of shelves I made; plastic molds are in one of the totes.

I LOVE wheels!! Stuff on wheels is Da BOMB!! Whoever invented the wheel, I wanna have their baby!!!:bow:

I keep my soy flakes right in the box it came in. But my parrafin wax I put in large plastic totes that fit a case of wax in it. I worry about dust and dirt particles getting on my sticky parrafin wax.

Those large plastic totes are perfect for keeping your wax in. I get them at the dollar stores. I remember someone mentioning that they bought a large plastic trash can to put their wax in. I think that would work nicely for the soy flakes or palm wax pellets. Just pull the baggie out with the wax flakes/pellets in it and put the whole bag in the trash can.

When we get new wax, weather it is in flakes or slabs, we melt it down and pour it into 1 lb bricks, using mini bread pans. then when we go to make candles, we know what we are going to make and how much wax it will take and we just grab enough bricks to do the job. makes storage real easy too. they stack nicely in a tote or a box.

I use slabs, so I keep them in the box. The sticky stuff, in the original box.

Anything in pellets, or chips, I use plastic candy display jugs. I get them from a lady who sells candy.

I put my gels in small plastic garbage cans. I have had a few leak icky stuff on the box before.

I use liquid coloring in some things, my husband made me a hanger out of u steel and bolted it to the wall. The bottles fit right in. I labeled each spot so I can find them.

I bought wire shelving racks on wheels and keep te warmers on one shelf, wax on another and the other stuff I use all on the wire shelves.

I use the turkey fryers, so I don't really move them. We made stations or areas with the shelves and countertops. I have a tart station, bakery station, potpourri, candle, soap...etc.. I try to keep all the stuff in the right area. The counters for the candles and tarts meet back to back so we put the u for dyes on their backsplash when we moved so you can access them from both sides.

Other organizers include all my labels in one of those divided brochure things you can get at office deopt, or goodwill if you are lucky.

We put the dye chips in those little screw drawer things you can buy in the tool department.

I did finally figure out my molds. We bought those plastic drawer things at walmart, we found that they slide under the counters perfectly, so I have my molds in the drawer right under the counter. I have not yet kept them in much order, but I do try.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. We hung glavanized shelving from the ceiling and I keep all my other stuff on these, but it is kind of hard to picture.