Sex on the Beach with a Georgian Peach under a Love Spell

Louise

Sex on the Beach - I was sorry to see this one go brown in the parts I didn't color, but at least some of the colors still show thru, so not all is lost :cheesy2: Oh, and don't let me handle the vegetable peeler again ok? Thank goodness I only did this to 3 bars. I don't know what I could have possibly been thinking.

[ATTACH]17269[/ATTACH]

Georgian Peach - This was a fast mover as you can tell by the top. I'm basically not pleased with this one, but some parts of it are starting to grow on me. Other people think it looks great. I guess we can agree that at least it smells great lol.

[ATTACH]17270[/ATTACH]

Love Spell - I was going for more pink in this one, but somehow the polished silver took over. In spite of that, I love the way this looks and know there is no way I will ever be able to duplicate it :laugh2:

This goes to show the newbies, that it doesn't matter how long you've been making soap... when the fairies and gremlins decide to visit, they visit!

What I'm not showing is my instant salt bar on a stick... now that is something to see. The Green Clover and Aloe turned that whole thing to solid stone faster than you can say Leprechan! Whew, I still have flashbacks to that one. :P

post-9049-139458454551_thumb.jpg

post-9049-139458454552_thumb.jpg

post-9049-139458454554_thumb.jpg

They all look good, and you created some very nice presentations (sea shells, etc.). Very cool. :cool2:

And thanks for the tip on Green Clover and Aloe. We'll stay away from that one. :tiptoe:

Also, we throw just about everything in the freezer for a couple hours, jelled or not, before we unmold. Then we can usually unmold and cut with few problems, after being out of the freezer for 15 or 20 minutes.

Thanks, Wayne, for your nice comments.

I'm going to try the Green Clover & Aloe in a non-salt bar recipe and see if it does the same thing. I imagine it will, but this time I'll be ready. Funny thing is, I can't remember if I read a thread on this fo last summer about it accelerating or not.

I'm not sure that putting the non-gelled ones in the freezer and then cutting shortly afterwards. These were pretty fluid going in the molds and it was almost a week before I cut them. Maybe if I do it again (which I'm sure I will, cuz I'm just like that :D ) I'll wait a day or 2 and then put it in the freezer and see what happens. I remember they were pretty soft even when I did decide to cut them and thought I should wait another day or 2. Hey, maybe I'll do the same recipe and throw that Green Clover and Aloe in there and see how long it takes to firm up! That sounds like just the plan! I'm going to do it! Thanks for giving me that idea. :grin2:

You said you take them out of the freezer and cut them after 15 to 20 mins..... whatsa matter, I thought you would take those puppies right out to the bandsaw and go to town :laugh2: . HEY! Now there's an idea! (j/k, I think I'm getting a little giddy tonight trying to combine my scrollsawing w/my soap making)

I like the Georgia Peach, Love Spell and Sex on the Beach. You have to tell me how you got that orange in the Georgia Peach I like the combination.

I think I would like the Green Clover and Aloe I bet it smells yummy.

I am using Tony's molds for the Salt bars they just fall right out No cutting since they are made in individual molds. I can even put the mold in the oven on 170 for about 25 minutes until they gell and they are ready to come out in an hour.

Barb

Barb, thanks so much. I used orange pop in the Georgia Peach. I love that orange. Actually, it's the only orange I have :cheesy2: .

Green Clover & Aloe smells wonderful, so you can imagine my horror when making the salt bar. I'll have to send you a pic of that one. lol.

Thanks Scented for the wb. I think when I got here you were having probs with the fairies and gremlins, so I'm thinking I got them from you.... yep, from you. So, um, that makes it all your fault. Yep... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P

When I saw your post I thought you made one layered soap naming it "sex on the beach with a Georgia peach under a love spell"! LOL Not what I was expecting but nice soap anyway! Guess I'll get my mind out of the gutter.

When I saw your post I thought you made one layered soap naming it "sex on the beach with a Georgia peach under a love spell"! LOL Not what I was expecting but nice soap anyway! Guess I'll get my mind out of the gutter.

:cheesy2::cheesy2::laugh2:

Actually, jade, I guess MY mind was in the gutter when I titled this thread :P . And you were the first one to mention it, so you're the winner lol.

Gran, don't be afraid, go for it. I'll be soaping my Green Clover & Aloe again soon. Actually, I just got a new Green Clover & Aloe from a different place so will probably soap that one first to compare. But you know darned well, I'm going to go back to that first one and try it in a non-salt bar recipe to see what happens. Neither site said the fo was a mover and in fact, one site said in their own tests, it behaved perfectly well. So who knows? *shrugs* maybe it's just me. I'll have to get pics of that salt bar to show you all. I should then crumble it all up and just add it in with some other soap.

More Louise Soapies! lol I love all of them, but my fave is the Peach. I love the green and orange combo together. And peach is one of my fave scents! Love looking at your soaps. Beautiful creations.

I too love the second one. The majority of my soap are all non gel. I leave them in the fridge for 24 hours if I can wait that long, then sit out in the mold for 24 hours and then unmold for another day and then I cut mine. The soaps are so smooth when they are done non gel.

When I'm in a rush I do them in the oven (to cut my cure time down to a couple weeks) or I make melt and pour if I need them right away.