Patchouli EO

Jeana

I found this website selling patchouli eo for only $41.12 for a lb. Is patchouli coming back down everywhere or is this a really good deal? http://secure.soapmaking.com/products.php?cat=54 (down near the bottom of the page)

They actually have two prices on here the other says $47.86. That is still about 40-60 dollars cheaper than I've seen other places selling it.

Lucky me they are in San Diego :yay:

I sent them an email with questions. I want to make sure it is strictly EO and not a blend of EO and FO. I do not use FOs at all. I know a company that sells a lavender "EO" that is a blend of EOs and FOs, but they don't say this on the label nor do they tell you unless you ask which is underhanded in my book.

I got the Indonesian kind before. After it aged for about a year it got very thick, dark and very strong. The EOU price was only $50. so that's not bad. I would like to try the iron distilled one to compare it.

If you look at the link Carebear provided they describe it, somewhat. But I just did a search to see if I could come up with more info, and some people claim their patchouli's are "iron free". I'm not sure if the iron distilling process is better than the others. I do know that I have had the other types of distillation and they have been fine in any application I have used them in.