FO from Saveonscents.com

drew22to375

Does anyone here order FO from Saveonscents.com. I have have ordered Colognes & perfumes from them before but I have never ordered anything for use in candles before. Which concentrate do you recommend for candles? Or does it really matter. I was going to order the extreme.

Thankx

Drew..

I order from them and use the Ultra Manufacturer's blend. Have not tested the Extreme in a side-by-side to see if the extra concentration is worth the extra bucks. They are a little slower in their service than some folks, but I have been extremely pleased with the FOs I have gotten from them, many of which I could not find elsewhere. If you order in sufficient quantity, you can get a membership there to further reduce costs...

I feel I should post this bit of info because there is no way to know it just by looking at the saveonscents.com web site.

If you want the best QUALITY from saveonscents, you need to order the "extreme" versions. It is not just the concentration, but also the ingredients that are different. There is no difference between "manufacturers" and "cosmetic" grades with the extreme. The "extreme" versions are much closer to professional perfume bases.

From Saveonscents customer service:

The compounds are usually not the same in quality. To fall into the price point, some compounds are changed or a less expensive alternative is used. For the cosmetic grade, some instances and 10% carrier is used to tone down compounds that may be harsh for some users. For the manufacturers, some fixitives are used (if used around 10-15%) for useability in certain applications.

Everything I've bought from them has been good. I buy their very cherry, patchouli, and a half dozen others, the names of which escape me at the moment, and I've never been disappointed.

Service is excellent, also. I buy the manufacturer's grade.

Fredron

• 10 months later...

I've placed several orders with them and I'm very happy with both their fragrances and their customer service. The only hassle I have is with their online shipping calculator not always working correctly for flat-rate shipping boxes to Australia.

I had this happen last week, where the calculator showed the quantity I wanted would fit in the box. However, I got a mail from them the next day to say this wasn't the case, and the priority mail would be $60 extra--which made it a total of $115. But when I explained it made more sense to me to place a second order (because too many oils are never enough :rolleyes2) and put that extra $60 to flat-rate shipping, they were very flexible in pulling out the oils that wouldn't fit in awaiting that order, while also honoring the sample pack. (And I'll keep that box for all future orders so I don't have this hassle again.)

I'm mainly interested in their YC types, but I also love their Red Velvet Cake and their margarita--it's the only one I've tested that actually smells like tequila, and not just lime.