Scoopable Tarts

kimmeroo

Hi Everyone! :cheesy2:

I did a search on the "scoopable tarts" I only saw one thread about them..I have never actually seen what they look like..all the sites were gone and couldn't be viewed.I am interested in making these but don't exactly know where to start.??:confused:

If there is anyone who has or is making them I would love to see a pic and some ideas on how to make them..TIA!

Kimmeroo:smiley2:

I'd like to know more about this too. Are they simply scented wax chunks that people buy by the lb/oz?

No, I think they use crisco..but I don't know if they add anything else to it besides crisco,color and scent????For some reason I can't get onto the other board(haven't for a week:angry2: ) and it's driving me nuts.Thanks for the link...:smiley2:

No, I think they use crisco..but I don't know if they add anything else to it besides crisco,color and scent????For some reason I can't get onto the other board(haven't for a week:angry2: ) and it's driving me nuts.Thanks for the link...:smiley2:

I figured out how to get onto the other board so I did a search, I found that most of them used straight crisco and fo...a few used a 50/50 soy/crisco blend.

Thanks to all who responded!

WW..I had the same question..someone stated that crisco has a shelf life of at least one year..I really don't know if I am going to make them or not...I was hoping if someone on here already did I would get some input.:smiley2:

Vicki,

Wouldn't you think that J223 or J50 would be soft enough for those? The other question I had was could they be poured into the PET jars like they use for whipped body butter? I hate the looks of the tins...TIA.:smiley2:

These sound like the Gold Canyon sample pots a woman sells at the base we are stationed at. She sells them in a little basket with a tart warmer she buys at the 100 yen store (we are stationed in Okinawa, its their version of our dollar store) along with a tiny spoon she also buys at the store. I bought a ton of those things because I loved how I could add as much or as little as I wanted. For some reason, I dont think they are made out of crisco though lol.

Would love to know what kind of wax they use though. Love the softness of it.

Girl if I was going to try this I would most likely try to use comfort blend from IGI that stuff is really soft to begin with.

Thanks Vicki for your suggestion..if I do venture into this scoopable tart thing that is what I will try.:cheesy2:

Could use petrolatum instead of crisco. But that might be pricey but it would not go bad on you like crisco.

When I first read this thread I was thinking that the scoopable tarts was a package of scented wax pieces. I kinda like that idea. Use scented wax crumbles and put them in a pretty bag with a scoop. Same idea-- a lot less messy!

And Vicky is right. The only wax I think you could use for 'scooping' would be the comfort blend-- I think thats the 4630 by IGI.

They're pretty good. Been really busy this new year. But maybe things will slow down after they get bunches of tarts in. I should stay off the boards cause I always want to try what ever you all are talking about. We've had a couple of nice days and I just want to be outside....

Could use petrolatum instead of crisco. But that might be pricey but it would not go bad on you like crisco.

When I first read this thread I was thinking that the scoopable tarts was a package of scented wax pieces. I kinda like that idea. Use scented wax crumbles and put them in a pretty bag with a scoop. Same idea-- a lot less messy!

And Vicky is right. The only wax I think you could use for 'scooping' would be the comfort blend-- I think thats the 4630 by IGI.

It may have two numbers but I've always ordered it as IGI 4627.

And the crumble idea is a great one!

I don't use either so I am not surprised I got the numbers mixed. But you know which wax I'm talking about. The comfort blend is kinda gooey.

I really think the wax crumbles is a great idea myself. They are super easy to make. I make them all the time for my wax chunk candles. I like the chunks somewhat 'crumbled'. So I cut up scented wax I poured into a small cookie sheet. While its still warm and pliable I cut them into chunks and then squish the chunks together to create the crumblies.

They would be cute in a small bakery bag with a scoop. I've actually had a retail customer ask me if I made primitive looking wax chunks because they would fit into her primitive country store decor.