our new label

Just my 2 cents. Nice concept, but it doesn't pop. Something needs to pop on that label. I think it should be your name. While it's the biggest thing on there behind the label, the art work and the white bar, I think it fades with the art.

I also think the label is too wide and wonder what the white bar would look like lower, so it doesn't cut into the flow of what I guess is water looping through the picture.

Maybe cut off some of the sides of the label and see if that helps it any. It just looks so big that I think it takes away from your name ... or there's certainly plenty of room on that label to make your name bigger and bolder.

Scented: Thanks for your thoughts...as I mentioned we are still tweaking, and have thought about making the label smaller in width as you pointed out. It would mean extra work involved in having to print on a full sheet then cutting each label as there are no label sizes available retail that are 3" wide as opposed to the 4" now being used. Will have to consider the extra time involved....but definatley something to think about. :cheesy2:

What is that size? 2x4?

I hear ya about there not being any 2x3 out there, but in clear (even a clear frosted), you can design your own template, use the single sheet and it may, just may work. It's an initial PITA, but sometimes it works best.

BTW it stands out more on your website than the label, but still think something needs to be bolder.

If you have a Staples or an Office Max, go look there and see if you find some 3" labels. I know I've seen them, but I can't remember where. I know I've grumbled about there not being any 3" labels out there, ran into some and couldn't remember why I wanted them and now can't remember where I saw them. I'm just sure I saw some, but the width might be more than you want.

Well I'm thinking they were actually name badge labels, but yea, I guess you could say I have done the ultimate no no. I know they were shorter than the 2x4s I use.

If I used clear or frosted on my candles, I'd just go to solid sheets and make a 3" template. I could do with it the white, but I don't cut terribly straight lol.

See my previous message. Thanks. As far as the label is concerned, we've changed it back to our original design, and will use that......our customers have been pleased with the original design, and will stick with that for the time being. Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciated. :)