Mistake gone good

This was a pleasant surprise, for once. I melted 2 pounds of J50 and added 2oz of Peaks Clean Cotton. I poured in my 8oz jj and waited 2 days to cure. There was no hot throw whatsoever when I test burned. Guess I didn't stir enough or get it hot enough. (who knows) So I remelted and added 2oz of Juniper Breeze. Wow. I didn't know J50 could hold that much FO:grin2: That's a total of 4oz for 2 pounds of wax. Anyway, they smell great. Just don't know what to call the fragrance. What do ya'll think?

Wow.. I don't even have to use a full oz with Peaks Clean cotton per pound.. Maybe this is just one of the scents you personally can't smell well? I know I have a hard time smelling quite a few of the florals, even though my testers and customers tell me they are super strong cold and hot..

Be careful with those, and please please please don't sell them...

:tiptoe:

They didn't smoke at all. They are very clean burning. Don't worry, I'm not going to sell them. I think I'm going to stick with Peak's Performance Blend from now on. I know it is a great wax with excellent hot throw. Although I do have a slab of J223 on the way. Will the testing ever end. I'm going crazy:p

Don't you mean crazier? hahahaha, I am soooooooo funny

looking. =8)

I guess so. I started out crazy as a child. As time progressed I got crazier. Now I make candles, so it's beyond that now. I guess I should call my self INSANE. What comes after that? I need to know what to call myself tomorrow:shocked2:

Join me in my rubber room??? :D LOL

Seriously, I tested about 5 different waxes before going back to the very first one I had tried.

I have to tell you something about that clean cotton (which gags me BTW), it was the very FIRST FO I ever used. It came in my container kit from Peak. ;)

I made 6 or 8 6oz. tins with 1oz. per pound, and the next day, couldn't smell a gosh darn thing (cold throw). So, I thought I'd burn it just to see if it had better hot throw-nothin'!! :(

Well, I put it back up on my shelf, went on to some other scents and came back to the clean cotton about 3 weeks later, and OMG, that sucker just about knocked my socks off! :eek:

I know some say that there is no "curing" time for candles, and I mostly agree with that, but on certain FO's I find that if you do "cure" them they sometimes throw better.

Anywho, I like the name clean breeze, but man, that must be one strong candle now huh? Whew doggie!! LOL

Have fun

Yeah, they are strong now. I lit two to test wicks and my husband had to leave the house. Now I know how to get rid of him:yay: Thank God for candle making. I'll have to make lots more like that to keep him gone so I can live in my madness, lunatic world alone:p