Atlantic and Satin Gown

Meridith

I was going to go for different shades of blue in my soap scented with OT&L "Atlantic" but as usual, I got an ugly brown so I'm glad that at the last minute, I changed my mind from making the last layer another blue color. Instead, I went for a tomato red color using my Select Shades but I got a pink color. My gray came out more of a maize color. I made all the colors with the SS and while they aren't the colors I was going for, and don't match the scent, I do like them. These were made yesterday and unmolded today. They aren't cleaned up yet. This scent seems to be more "oceany" than it was OOB.

The other soap I scented with OT&L's "Satin Gown." I was bummed that the Raspberry POP color in this one was not as vibrant as I wanted. I also used a pearl mica, and the purple and orange POP colors.

post-121-139458453889_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458453892_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458453894_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458453896_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458453898_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh! Those are both beautiful and I bet time consuming for the layered one. Thanks for sharing those.

Actually, its not too bad as far as being time consuming I know of some that when doing layers will take off some soap for their batch and add different colors to the parts they took off. For me, that does not work so well. How ever many different layers I am doing is the number of batches of soap I make. With this soap, we used 4 different colors so we made 4 separate batches. And, I had my husband helping me with this one. He likes to make soap too. But since it was 4 separate batches, made one after the other, one person can do this.

OK so I'm not the only one who has problems with that dang tomato red! So what are your thoughts on Satin Gown (says the person whose supposed to use it in a swap lol)

Raspberry Pop ... seems one needs to add a little more of it to make it work better ... (keep in mind this is coming from the person who has a color gremlin parked at her place.)

I'm not sure yet about the SG. I can detect the fruity and barely the floral. Since I just soaped it, I have to give it a few days to see what scents come out of it. I'll let you know. The colors of the soap are not what I had in mind and I don't think match the name. So I'm looking to rename this one which I completely suck at!

Beautiful soaps! Curious to hear how the SG is in a few days. I just got theat FO in and it is on my list to do next week.

This scent is wonderful in soap. It has really come out in my soap. I can smell a sweet scent of fruit with a very soft undertone of something floral. The fruit scent mellows in the soap and is not quite as sweet smelling as it was to me OOB. I like this one a lot more than I thought I would. So far, no morphing and no discoloration.

Oh, Oh, Oh!! I really like the layered soap!! :yay: Sure wish I had the patience to give layers a try.

They aren't hard at all. If you are doing a soap with say 3 layers, I set up like I am making 3 different batches of soap with all my ingredients weighed out in separate bowls, lye made in separate containers and I make 1 layer at a time. When I finish pouring one layer, I start adding the lye to my butters for the next layer and by the time that layer is ready to pour, my previous layer is set up enough to where the layers won't blend. Give it a try. You can do it. Easy Peasy.

you sure have been working....

and they are all pretty..i love that layered one too..

the way you make it, sounds good..

maybe one day i will get brave enough to try layered soaps...

i thought you got the ot red? maybe it was someone else..

i have been wondering if we will get feedback on it..

you sure have been working....

and they are all pretty..i love that layered one too..

the way you make it, sounds good..

maybe one day i will get brave enough to try layered soaps...

i thought you got the ot red? maybe it was someone else..

i have been wondering if we will get feedback on it..

You are correct. I did purchase OT's red. It takes alot of it to just get a faded red color. I have yet to be able to get a nice vivid red from any colorant. I'm still on the search for a red that actually stays red.