POP Colors

Soapymomma

OK, where are you getting these bright colors? What is the web address? TBK or something? I love the bright ones. My colors are mostly pearly and they are nice, but in spring people seem to like colors with an attitude! LOL! Are the colors from a natural or chemical source?

Soapymomma

I got my order for all the colors. I will let you know how it goes using them with melt and pour. The suggestion for mixing the color with somehthing before adding it to the batch sounds like a great idea. I'll try that right away. I have used micas before and did that and there werer no specks. Thanks a bunch! :yay:

Soapymomma

CandyBee did you try dispersing them with anything. Maybe dispersing them with a bit of castor would help? I do this with cp soap and it works great.

I tried it but found it still doesn't always work. The best way I have found so far to incorporate the powders in M&P is to add it at the beginning and melt it along with the soap base. Heat seems to help it dissolve into the melted base much better.

I have to mix oxides & neons with oils and sometimes I will get specks. I do warm up the oil a bit before mixing and that seems to help a little.

Micas & pops incorporate very easily without having to mix with oil and never any specks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not used pop mica in mp but just in cp. In my 100% veggie cp recipe, the colors start out vibrant and then die considerably 'down'. The yellow is just to a light yellow. And the pink, barely shows at all.

Has anyone see that happen in MP?

So far I use the gel colorants from BCN for all mp products.