Silicone mold liners

itsmejeffd

I want to start researching and developing silicone liners for my molds. It seems like everyone here is raving about them and I wanted to see if it's something I could offer at a reasonable (lower) price. Any suggestions of what type of silicone and suppliers would be greatly appreciated. I know the stuff is pretty expensive. The cheapest I've found so far is about $10/lb and a pound will cover about an 8" x 8" x 1/4" area.

Awesome idea! I love my silicone molds. I just wish there was a RELIABLE source to purchase them from. My Silvermoon are my favorites followed by my 3 upland log. Unfortunately you either can't contact them to get more OR they are forever closing down (temporarily for one reason or another) and it is extremely frustrating!! I ordered a custom mold in the size I use in the white HDPE(?) and my soap sticks...to the point of ruining the sides trying to get it out. I know, I know...they need to become "seasoned" but how many batches do you ruin getting them to that point?? I am not willing to keep trying...while ruining the sides. I would love to order my custom size from Upland but who knows when she will open again....and then you have to watch close because usually she has something on the site about...no custom sizes at this time. Frustrating as all get out!!!

I have quite a few silicone molds, I know some mold suppliers dye the silicone different colors. Are you talking one piece silicone Jeff? Or pieces of silicone?

I buy silicone sheets and rolls from all over, to fix up my wooden molds. Perhaps you could offer wooden molds, as well? :)

Hi Mystical.....

I just bought some 5x9 liners off ebay but am new to all this & need help in knowing how to use them.I see you posted on another thread that you might sell some of yours that were made for you and pics of the ones you made I can't wait to see them & I'd be interested in buying one of the molds you had made.

Thanks.....

Carol

i love slab molds with dividers...when you swirl on the top, then push in the dividers it makes your soap swirls follow the dividers down, and makes really pretty soap..

plus you don't have to have a log cutter..

as the dividers already have to soap cut...

I hope this works out for you Jeff...

I will buy one from you...:smiley2:

Hi guys,

I have spent a FORTUNE on all sorts of different soap molds!!! I ONLY use the silicone baking dishes...I can buy them here for about $10 from the Chinese cheap shops (no idea what you call them over there, in fact we call them the $2 shops).

To make sure they keep their shape I just plonk them into a box that is not high, like a suspension file box. Any box really, just cut it down so you aren't pouring from any height.

VOILA!!!

SUPER easy to get out, NO LINING (which I hate), wash well...what more could I want???

Cheers,

Hells

Hi Carebear,

I have a grid that I just made using paper..then I laminated it.....I just pop that over the soap when I have taken it out of the mould and use it to guide throu the slicing process.

The sides of the dish are ok...but four corners do have a 'rounded' type of look to them..so out comes the crinkle cutter!!! lololo Those I put in gift baskets, gifts to family etc

I think the trick is to make the dish really sturdy by making sure it cannot move and is controlled by the cardboard box it sits in.

My son went to Bunnings (hardware store) and bought some rigid plastic sheets and cut me different lenths so I can have straight slabs divided in the mold while it's setting. He said it would have been easier to just use rulers!!!! lolol He could make some dividers but I don't mind cutting.

Molds are just so expensive aren't they?

Cheers,

hellen

• 2 weeks later...