Difference in 4627 from one supplier to another...

Hi Everyone -

I have been using 4627 for about a year now. I've been ordering it from the CandleMakers Store in Cinci, Ohio. Once the prices at Candle Science went down, I ordered from there because it was cheaper all around. There seems to be a pretty big difference between the stuff from The CandleMakers Store and Candle Science! Has anyone ever had this happen? The wax from Candle Science is harder than I am used to. It has been inside my house for over a month, so it isn't the cold outside. It is still messy, but the stuff from The CandleMakers Store is more like Vasoline and very easy to scoop...the stuff from Candle Science was difficult to scoop and even as a candle is harder, less finger prints if touched, etc. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance -

Allison

Well I have only ordered it from one place and that's Lonestar but mine is like what you describe from Candle Science. It's messy and sticky but it's not near as soft as vasoline. I wish it was easier to scoop out! I didn't answer your question I know but I just wanted to let you know my experience.

Thanks Jaime! I appreciate your feedback! Could some other 4627 users tell me if their wax is more vasoline-like or harder? If that is the case, does anyone know the reason for the 4627 that I have been ordering this past year being so soft?

Thanks!

Allison

I have ordered my 4627 from Candle Science and it was the soft vaseline/fingerprint type. However, I haven't ordered it again since 12/07. My last two batches came from an ebay seller and a friend who is no longer using this wax...they were also soft type. I am bummed to hear it is less soft than usual.

Eve

Mine is hard also...not at all vaseline like. I wish it was because I have stength problems in my hands and trying to get it out of the bag is a nightmare. I do love it though...besides the mess.

I think I ordered mine from Candle Science...

Wasn't it somewhere on these forums that I read that a

wax can be manufactured from different plants around the country and that yes the wax can vary some from one plant to the next but still

be within company specs for that particular wax?

It was suggested to buy your wax from the same supplier (assuming your supplier buys it from the same manufacturer consistently) and this helps to maintain consistency for the candle maker. I swear I read that here.

But maybe it was elsewhere.

Judy N.