GB 464 or C-3

I can get both of these locally and am trying to decide.

Seems like the C-3 has a better cold throw for sure. I'm burning

Pomegranate & Blackberry at 1 oz. per pound and can smell it all the way down my hallway.

I'm trying out the Eco series wicks versus the CDN's.

The CDN's tend to smoke alot when you blow them out. I know you should extinquish them by dipping in the wax but how many people actually do that? I'm trying to test like a customer would burn the candle.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

I've never tried cdns in c-3 which I use.....I have great luck with the htps......I have tried the cd's and they are pretty good....Now I know of some people who just love the ecos...

And I agree with you Sharon about not dipping the wick in the wax to put out....Its bad enough that I power burn and have black pieces fall in if I forget to trim the wick and have to pickout the black but to dip the end of the burnt wick into the wax....thats not for me.....And also since they say that is the proper way to put out a candle????Well how many candles have you picked up in a store and read the caution labels where they tell you to push the wick over into the wax to extinguish? I haven't seen one......So I agree how you think Sharon, as I think the same way.....Test a candle thru all the proper testing stages and at the same time test them just the way the normal person is going to burn the candle...because we all know most everyone does not not how to burn one....

Trappeur

Hey Trappeur,

Have you ever used the GB 464. I'm just curious what people think as far as the CT and HT compared to C-3.

Like I said in my first post, that pomegranate & blackberry kicks but in the C-3 at 1 oz. per pound.

I read where some people use 9-10% fragrance oil per pound and that just sounds like too much to me. I would think that 8% would be a good max for a strong candle.

Someone, jump in if I'm wrong.

I really like 464, but I have never used c-3 to compare. I like the 464 even better now that I started adding a small amount of another soy to it. So you may want to try mixing them. I'm getting a very good HT and CT now.

I agree 9 or 10% is a lot of FO if you can get a good throw at 6%. Why waste money?

I would honestly say..... blend them both together.
I was thinking of trying this, myself.

I like the 464 because it seems easy to use, but I am not having luck with wicking (I am nt sure if I am on the right track or what I should cancel out: mushrooming or how fast I get a FMP).

I was thinking of trying this, myself.

I like the 464 because it seems easy to use, but I am not having luck with wicking (I am nt sure if I am on the right track or what I should cancel out: mushrooming or how fast I get a FMP).

Shrooms dont bother me anymore as long as they are not HUGE. As far a the melp pool goes...I always wick for the last half of the candle. Sometimes you wont get a FMP till the 3rd burn....IMO if you get a FMP on the first burn your candle will be WAY too hot at the end.

tootie

tootie04- You are a GENIUS and don't know how helpful that was! (I never understood wicking for the last half of the jar, in the sense of how it affects the first half).

So when would you anticipate a FMP? Because I am stumped and REALLY need help (I have experienced tunneling or drowning wicks during my last tester). You could PM me, if you prefer, so that I will not overtake this thread.

Sorry for hijacking!