different pour temps for different jars??

ok I am soo going to post this questions without confusing everyone...Lord knows i am.....:confused:

Ok I am using GW 444 and for my 5oz and 10oz pressed jars I can pour at 145 and get perfect tops however when I pour my 16 seamless jar at 145 they have ugly rough tops?? I remember reading somewhere that the thickness of jars makes a difference in pour temps but cannot find thread for the life of me......

The 16oz seamless jar is obviously much thinner than pressed jars so I guess my question is do I pour hotter or cooler with thinner glass? Does that make sense? Heat gunning is not helping this issue either.

This could so save a lot of time if I could figure this out.....

TIA

Lysa

yeah this is driving me crazy....i cringe now when someones orders the 16oz size all the other jars come out perfect at 145?? there's got to be a good pour temp.....I have a pallet of jar and pallet of wax so can't really change jars/wax. I just got to figure this out....

I don't know but if you find out, I'd love to know as well....I've poured my 16 oz slushy, hot and in between and I can't get smooth tops or no sink holes. I think it has more to do with the height the jar but I'm not sure....

Hotter pouring temps with tall and thin seems to me might cause sink holes, like Trapp asked are you opposed to capping off / repouring? I would think sink holes would form and it may be needed.

Possibly pre-heat the larger jars a bit hotter in the oven on the lowest setting or popping into the micro before pouring at your normal temp. Just a thought . . .

I think I figured it out!!! I have been pouring the 16oz jars at 160 and they are beautiful. I have to put the wax aside and cool a little before pouring the other sizes but that is way better than 2nd pours and heat gunning etc.... the whole reason I switched to 444 was to save TIME! No time to wait for the slushy stage etc.... With 3 kids under 5 it is a miracle I even have time to run this business....which reminds me I still have so much more to do today do finish this huge order....gotta go!