candle of the month clubs

chrisasst

Tried it. Never got a single member/customer for it. I thought it was a good idea. I just picked out scents that I thought corresponded with the season, priced it by the size candle they were purchasing and added a decent/fair shipping price to the overall cost. UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

I tried it too...and nothing.

I also did the punch card thing where each time they buy a 16 oz. candle you punch a card and then they get a free 16 oz. candle after buying 12. I had a lot of people START their card...but for some reason they couldn't find it when they bought more candles. So...I had to keep a list of who bought what. In the end...I had 1 customer that got her free candle.

People just amaze me.......:rolleyes2

We do the punch card also, on all of our products. Actually, several people do use them, and get free products. But then we have a store front, so that might help. But many people do what others said, they forget them, and we usually don't mention it if they don't bring it up. We have a sign posted to remind us to punch their cards. Don't know how useful of a promotion it is. I think the ones that buy would anyway.

I had thought about the candle of the month, good to know it hasn't worked very well.

How about birthday clubs, does anyone do that?

I also tried the candle of the month thing on my website a couple of years ago. I even tried promoting it at fairs, markets, fundraisers, etc. Not a single taker so I quit trying.

Now I give out coupons at markets and fairs that have coupon codes they can redeem on my website for discounts and free shipping. I just started that at my last show so I haven't had time to see if it works.

It actually worked very well when I offered it. Probably because I allowed them to choose their own scents for each month in advance and then automatically billed their credit card each month.

For example, when they placed their order they would tell me the scent they wanted for each month for the entire year and it worked out very well for me.