Rustic Escentuals Shipping Rant

blt212

I just need to vent because after being charged a $12.51 shipping fee on 7 - 1oz bottles of fragrance. They were shipped UPS with a weight of 2 lbs. I weighed it here and it was under a pound. I had even added a note at checkout to question the shipping amount but got no response. I will say the samples smell awesome OOB though.

that's the reason i don't/won't order from them (unless they have a sample sale). they also tack on $2.00 for a handling charge, which is bs. they are the only ones i have dealt with that charges a handling fee. with the way the economy is, you would think if they want to stay in business they would drop the handling charge. it's just called greedy.

I'm in the same state so pay 6% sales tax on top of the high shipping and handling charge. Chemistry Store also has a handling charge but not for a pick up order. I've had friends who were in the AH area pick up my order before, and I didn't see that anything special really warranted that additional charge. I really do like the AH oils and other products, but I've found that I can order oils, etc, that are just as good from suppliers several states away with lower shipping, etc.

I have got to say I order quite a lot of my oils from them and they have never charged me a handling fee. Can't really complain about their shipping either. I am in GA. On 12-30 I had an order for 109.49 and the shipping was 12.99. I looked back over several orders and didn't see one. Is this something new they have added?

Here my only peeve with them is they don't take paypal any more lol. I get the shipping though. The more you order the more reasonable it gets. Hate to say that, but it's true.

Outside of that, I tried to take advantage of one of their shipping sales and didn't get the discount, but I wasn't on the ball to find that out till too many months later.

They also tack on $2.00 for a handling charge, which is bs. they are the only ones i have dealt with that charges a handling fee. with the way the economy is, you would think if they want to stay in business they would drop the handling charge. it's just called greedy.

Agreed!!!

I rechecked their website and they do state there's a handling charge and that they only ship UPS. I also forgot to mention they offer two free fo samples at checkout so maybe that's supposed to makeup for the additional shipping. I always try to consolidate my orders to minimize shipping costs but this was my first order from them.....thanks for letting me vent....

Shipping by UPS is always EXPENSIVE! Its not just the weight that they charge for but the box size and gas surcharge. It adds up and a $12 plus charge for a small package doesn't surprise me in the least.

Nowadays with shipping prices any website that doesn't have the option of USPS priority usually doesn't get my sale.