Sfic

samandkennasmom

I'm going to be out of town for while helping with elderly parents so I'm trying to get things ordered an organized to take with me so I'll have something to do in my spare time. The m&p will be more portable than trying to do candle stufff I think. I may also work on some eo roll ons.

I wish I could order 20# white and 20# clear for the 40# price but I'm sure they won't let you mix them. If you check out the co-op thing, I will definately be interested. Have you tried their shower gel or lotion bases?

I'm going to be out of town for while helping with elderly parents so I'm trying to get things ordered an organized to take with me so I'll have something to do in my spare time. The m&p will be more portable than trying to do candle stufff I think. I may also work on some eo roll ons.

I wish I could order 20# white and 20# clear for the 40# price but I'm sure they won't let you mix them. If you check out the co-op thing, I will definately be interested. Have you tried their shower gel or lotion bases?

Yes, their shower gel is really really good! There is a very fine line with overdoing fragrance though.. it thins out if you go over. Just have to be very careful! I recommend it highly! I can't vouch for their lotion base, but I'm betting it's good. They seem to do everything quite well!

My favourite is SFIC but not their Low Sweat Clear and Opaque because it doesn't last long. So now use their regular clear and opaque. The clear isn't perfect as far as being really clear but I love their ingredient listing and can't find any ingredient listing that is similar to theirs so have stuck with it. My customers don't want SLS or other additives.

Stephenson's is pretty good but haven't tried their SLS free version.

Here's the Ingredients for their new Natural soap:

Glycerin - 99.7% certified kosher glycerin. A humectant that helps retain moisture.

Di Water - Common for of purified water- has been DeIonized to remove impurities.

Sodium Cocoate - Primary Cleaning surfactant. A sodium salt of coconut acid. ( also commonly listed as coconut oil)

Sorbitol - Obtained from leaves in some cases berries of mountain ash. Leaves the skin feeling smooth & silky.

Sodium Palmitate- Vegetable based fatty acid. Derived from palm oil.

Sodium Stearate - Another fatty acid used as a water proofing agent that helps the soap from turing into a jelly once wet.

Soybean Oil - a non irritating smoothing oil high in phosphatides such as lecithin &Vitamins(A,E&K).

Sweet Almond Oil - A soothing emollient which promotes spreadability and gives skin a smooth feel.

Safflower Oil - A Hydrating carrier oil that contains linoleic acid &Triglycerides Derived from plant seeds.

Jojoba Oil - Reduces transepidermal water loss producing skin with suppleness & softness.

Aloe Vera Gel - The Mucilage obtained from aloe vera leaves, it has healing anti microbial & anti inflammatory properties.

Vitamin E - Oil soluble antioxidant & free radical scavenger, also helps preserve the product.

You will have to talk to them for a list of ingredients for the other bases. They happily share them, not sure why they don't have them right on the site.

I also wanted to add, that they will gladly do samples of all of their bases, so if you wanted to try them before buying, that's a great opportunity to do so.

thanx PA! now i just have to figure out if i can swing it, i want to get some butters too. of couse i'll also ask for samples of the other bases.

maybe i can find someone around here who'd like to share. with the savings on the base the postage, tho it won't change, won't seem so bad.

time for me to leave this insanity till tomorrow. i've got a test candle burning, 15 minutes more and i can go to bed! :smiley2:

thanx PA! now i just have to figure out if i can swing it, i want to get some butters too. of couse i'll also ask for samples of the other bases.

maybe i can find someone around here who'd like to share. with the savings on the base the postage, tho it won't change, won't seem so bad.

time for me to leave this insanity till tomorrow. i've got a test candle burning, 15 minutes more and i can go to bed! :smiley2:

They do charge for their soap samples.. I don't remember how much though. Seems like it's a few bucks.

Well I'm on the East Coast so shipping from California to Virginia would be a killer for me. For those of you on the east coast the best M&P bases I have found are from C&S. I've tried several others and keep coming back to C&S. Plus they have an improved formula and its even better than before. All natural veggie ingredients. Plus you can add everything to it and still get tons of lather. Not all M&P is additive friendly. I just love it!

There is also the Chemistry Store in S. Carolina I think and they have the Stephensons M&P bases that grumpy was talking about. Haven't tried theirs yet but they are on my list. They have the ultra clear that grumpy raves about.

Grumpy recommended the clear from The Chemistry Store. I've seen her fish slice soaps and it sure looks clear to me so I ordered 25 lbs to try. Should be here Wednesday and if you haven't ordered anything by then I'll let you know how it compares to the SFIC Crystal Clear.

I'm so excited you ordered from the Chemistry Store. Please let us know how you like their M&P. I also am interested in your experience ordering from them. They are on the east coast so shipping should be good for me here in Virginia.

I'm very excited to see EBC has good bases. I live 3.5 hours away from them and have family who lives 15 miles away from them. I just ordered some bases and if I like them, I'll see if I can pick up cases and save on shipping! Woohoo!

You are SO lucky!! I'm jealous! We have another thread going on them right now. They are wonderful folks! And yes, their bases are the BEST!