Southern Soapers..

TeriM

Well, I was doing good at whittling down that list until CBE sideswiped me with 'Adirondack' and 'Creme de Cassis'. :waiting:

Sorry. :P

Here's another suggestion:

A good mix that Carebear turned me on to is 50/50 Adirondack and Raspberry Bombe from SS. It's one of my favorite mixes. Smells divine in soap. I do it for the Fall Season... but I like to use it year round.

Sorry. :P

Here's another suggestion:

A good mix that Carebear turned me on to is 50/50 Adirondack and Raspberry Bombe from SS. It's one of my favorite mixes. Smells divine in soap. I do it for the Fall Season... but I like to use it year round.

try it in candles - OMG it's amazing

but I cannot take credit, the reco was on the SS site.

I can give you more suggestions, but not for wax since I've only soaped these or used them in B&B. The other scents I put in wax have since been discontinued.

Blackberry Apple - neither scent overpowers the other - a good balance between the two.

Hano No Kaori - a beautiful floral scent that won't remind you of an old lady.

Chamomile and rosebuds - I smell more rose in this one but the chamomile comes in as some nice undertones and mellows the rose out.

Down Under - a eucalyptus scent without being like Vicks. Very fresh and clean. Holds up well in soap.

Georgia Peach - a very tart peach that to me has a bit of a bitter/sharpeness to it when I soaped it.

Ginger Lemon Honey - OOB review since I've yet to do anything with this one. I don't get a lot of lemon or ginger in this one nor does it have a real honeyish scent to it. I think they all just blend together so well but in some application, the scent notes might come out more. For me, this one is hard to determine what it is I do pick up on it.

Ginseng Ylang - this is a very nice scent - very clean and spa like. It soaped beautifully and the scent has held up well.

Inishmoor - another beautiful minty eucalyptus scent that is not too mediciney. Faded a bit in soap.

Patchouli Amber - The amber is the first scent I pick up with patchouli coming in nicely right behind. Soaps great and scent sticks.

Jamaican Rosewood - Another OOB - I smell mostly roses in this one too with a hint of something I can't desribe.

Wildrose and Oak - again I smell more roses than the oak but that could change if put into something.

Hooah! - a very earthy, piney scent. Holds well in soap.

Lilac and Honeysuckle - not an old lady or overpowering lilac. It's a nice blend of the two florals. Soaped beautifully and doesn't fade.

Jonquil LeFleur - very soft feminine floral. Soaped beautifully and doesn't fade.

Persian Limewood - this one is fantastic. Its a great unisex scent that is very fresh with some wonderful woodsy and citrusy type undertones. I've had more customers that once they pick this one up and smell are pleasantly surprised at how nice it is.

Lemongrass and Sage - I pick up more lemongrass scent but the sage comes in very discretely and tones down the bitterness of the lemongrass. Holds up great in soap.

Stonehenge Ruins - off the top of my head I can't remember what this one smells like. It soaped beautifully though.

Mandarin Basil Lime - love this one - its a great blend without any scent overpowering the other.

Mineral Spa Salt - Nice scent with very oceany tones to it. Its great in a salt bar.

Orange Blossom Honey - OOB - smells light to me and not very orangey - orange is not as overpowering as I was expecting.

Polar Express - it lost alot of its minty tone in soap but I liked it anyway.

Rosemilk - smells just like roses to me. I did not pick up any type of milky undertones. It soaped great but discolored to a tan on me.

O'Ceallaigh - a great masculine/unisex scent. Soaps beautifully

Sea Air Sandalwood - more perfumey than I expected and not much oceany scent to this one. I like it but it was not a great seller.

Trippy Hippy and Truly Patchouli both are great patch scents.

Winter Sea Shore - soaped it and behaved well. I don't recall this one being a very oceany scent though.

I've tried a bunch of others too. I love the scents but you have to pay close attention because some of them smell alot alike.

Has anyone ever told you guys what fantastic enablers you? (you wretches!)

But Southern Soapers has fiddle-farted around and are about to lose this order. I was trying to finish up placing the order a few minutes ago, and the shopping cart won't accept that coupon code that's posted in our sales thread, and according to the post today is the last day to use the coupon. http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82745

I emailed them, but of course they probably won't get it and reply before Monday, when the sale is past.

I don't know why the coupon isn't working but I do know they are hauling butt over there. I placed an order this last week for pickup (God help me I live 4 minutes from them!) and finally got an email about when to pick up. The whole warehouse was off last week for their "summer break" while the owner was at Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild convention.

I just tried again and it took it. We FOHO's are tenacious when it comes to getting our fix, huh? :P

4 oz of:

Carpe Diem

Dragonfly Moon

Guns & Roses

Stonehenge Runes

Veldfire

Cheap Thrills of:

Ferns of Muir Woods

Patchouli Amber

Polar Express

Renaissance

Seafoam

I'm doomed. But I probably was even before that order. :cheesy2:

I found out there really was something wrong with their shopping cart this a.m. when it wouldn't take the coupon code. I just checked email and had this from them:

"It should be fine now, :) Thanks for emailing me also. I often forget that the store database needs one day added to the actual deadline. The cart sees the 16th as a deadline at the stroke of midnight after May 15, not the stroke of midnight right before May 17. So, I corrected the input to adjust for that, :)

You should have no problems now, :)

Kelly Bloom

Southern Soapers"

I just had to pop back in here and say I picked up my order today and met Kelly. She's a really great person and so helpful! I love the two I got (lime sugar and chai tea) so will probably be back to order more. Man shipping is gonna kill when I move! :tiptoe: :laugh2:

'Ferns of Muir Woods' - fresh, green goodness! I don't think this is one for everybody but it's right up my alley. Sometimes my favorites are not the general populations idea of a great scent.

'Seafoam' - meh; I'll have to think about it. I may make a hair scent out of my sample to get that 'down by the sea' scent wafting around me.

'Polar Express' - menthol and sugared mint! I could see this being just what you're looking for at the right time, in the right application.

'Renaissance' - ZOMG!!! I immediately dumped this in a dram bottle with jojoba to make a perfume oil from it. Will be test wearing tomorrow! I was dubious about it after a lackluster review but this was instant love for me.

'Guns & Roses' - you can definitely smell the metal! Cool, can't wait to try it in candles as it's unusual. A friend has been asking me for a leather scent so I'm going to spring this on her.

'Carpe Diem' - smells like a men's cologne. I'm expecting it to 'bloom' for me in a product.

Haven't checked all of them out yet. Got a headache now from the first few. You people have ruined me!!!! :yay:

Darn!!! It's time for my nightly shower but I don't want to wash all this off that I've gotten all over me!

Scented, something in it is reminiscent of Oregon Trails 'White Witch' that I also love. I wore 'White Witch' for the first time a few weeks ago and got 4 compliments on it within an hour of putting it on. It's now one I reach for a lot, and 'Renaissance' might be like that too.

• 4 weeks later...