Southern Soapers..

TeriM

has anyone used any of the FO's in candles... I search and see that a lot of you use them in BB.. but didn't see anything as far as wax goes...

I'm getting in on the MP pre-buy and you know I can't just get that.. LOL

thanks

TeriM

Her Ultimate Christmas is my ALL time favorite scent :drool: for year round....that being said, the price IS high BUT her shipping to me is more then $10 which to me is worse. I WISH she offered an alternate shipping option like USPS then she would have a customer for life just for the Ultimate Christmas!!! ONE candle with that scent fills my whole house!!!! :drool:

• 3 months later...
I can't afford their fo's @ 1 oz ($4.50) 4 oz ($9.50) 8 oz ($15.00) 16 oz ($28.00),... and some are even more then that. Are they that GREAT? :confused:

Do they ever have sales on the FOs? As in '15% off all FOs' or something like that?

I can't stand it: I'm placing an order. I wish they had 2 ouncers but I'll get the 4 oz on a few, and 1 oz or cheap thrills for some others.

How close is their 'Egyptian Dragon' to the one from Oregon Trails? I may can skip that one.

Are their 'green' ones really any different than other leafy, woodsy, outdoorsy ones from other places ('Ferns of Muir Woods', 'Big Sur', 'Norwegian Woods', etc.)?

Are their watery scents really better than the same types from other suppliers ('Niagara Falls, etc.)?

I guess I'm just trying to establish if they are REALLY worth those prices, but I'm going to cave in and try them anyway.

I can't answer about Egyptian dragon and compared to any others. I just swooned when I used this one and didn't look anywhere else. Maybe others have made the comparison.

Norweigan Woods -- Like trees? lol I have this one. I just haven't used it. It's up for a try in the fall, but I'm still stocking for spring/summer (like a fool.)

Looking for warm and earthy and good -- Acorn and Black Oak (or is it Black Oak and Acorn) ... schtuff is good!

I can't help with the rest of what you have listed there. I don't have them.

Different question: is the 'tassi' in 'Tassi Lavender' short for Tasmanian???

I've got my list of about 50 wants :rolleyes2 pared down to these choices, and I'm struggling to cut it down further because 4 ouncers in all of these is still going to be about $140. :cry2:

Ange de Mes Reves

Botella de Escencia

Carpe Diem

Cherokee Princess

Dragonfly Moon

Guns & Roses

Mineral Salt Spa

O'Ceallaigh

Oakmoss

Renaissance

Sonoran Desert Flowers

Stonehenge Runes

Tassi Lavender

Veldfire (this sounds stunning; can't believe some of you haven't tried it)

I'm hoping some of you can talk me out of some of these....

Ange de Mes Reves -- haven't tried and not that interested in trying, I guess.

Botella de Escencia (See above, but maybe it was CBE who had this. I can't be sure.)

Carpe Diem -- Very unisex, fresh with hints of everything it seems. I really like the fragrance (a lot) but others don't. Apparently there's always something better or the color isn't right. No idea.

Cherokee Princess -- It's nice in a lotion, but I'm not a huge fan of it and I'm not that disappointed in it. IMO you can wait to get it lol.

Dragonfly Moon -- I love it too!

Guns & Roses -- OK if you like roses and leather ... go for it. To me it's more leather than the rose. Don't pass up, even if you aren't a huge leather fan.

Mineral Salt Spa -- can't answer (not compelled to try it either.)

O'Ceallaigh -- I think she said this was her version of Green Irish Tweed ... it's very nice in the bottle, but nothing I'd jump through hoops to make right away (obviously since I haven't lol.)

Oakmoss -- cannot tell you, but if you go for Stonehenge Runes, don't get this. SR is heavy in oakmoss too.

Renaissance -- It's an OK scent. OK it's one I like, but I could have done without just because I think I'm the only one who thinks it's lovely lol. It's a feminine smell and softly floral with a hint of a powdery finish ... to me anyway.

Sonoran Desert Flowers -- Oh get it! I love the sweet, dry smell.

Stonehenge Runes -- Very potent and heavy in oakmoss, so don't load up on this and Oakmoss. Pick one of them.

Tassi Lavender -- It's said by a few people that this is the best lavender around. I haven't tried it, but two of the people who have reviewed it -- I trust 'em. I just am overloaded in lavender so I haven't tried it.

Veldfire (this sounds stunning; can't believe some of you haven't tried it) -- Dry and spicy, but probably more potent out of the bottle than in an application (so I hear.) I think it was Carriesgx (??) who said she was disappointed with it in soap. However ... I like it out of bottle and it probably is something you can come back to some day.

that probably didn't help you much did it?

Something else ... if you're compelled to try all of those fragrances, buy some now and buy some later. She'll likely send you a discount code after your first order to save $5 or $10 on your next etc. The only thing about the code is that you have like a month to use it and sometimes you (OK me) can't get through everything you get or you find you're stocked up enough etc.

Tassi Lavender is wonderful. :):):) It soaps wonderfully too. I just had to order a lb of it since the last batch of salt bars I made in it sold out and I never even put it out on my shelves. I sold one bar to someone that came in and I let them smell it. They love it and bought two and gave one away. That lady came back and bought another one for herself to replace the one she gave away so she'd still have a back-up bar. From that one bar, I ended up selling the rest of the batch because the first gal told people that came in to buy that soap, and the gal she gave the bar to, came in and bought a bar for herself and one for a gift and the gift receiver came in and... you get the picture.

I typically soap these FOs but the one I did put in wax (soy) melts that was outrageously strong was Coffee Carmel Royale.

SS Egyptian Dragon is the same as OT's. I prefer SS version over OT's though. Using SS Egyptian Dragon, you can get two different smells by using a light hand, or a heavier hand.

Ange de Mes Reves- This is the best Angel Type I have found. I prefer this one over all the other Angel Types I've smelled from other suppliers.

Botella de Escencia- Very spa-ish. I loved it, at first. I think I used so much of it, that it made me sick. lol To this day, I cannot smell it without getting nauseated. But if you like fresh, spa scents, you'll love this one.

Dragonfly Moon- really feminine and musky to me. I've gotten them in a candle in a swap one time and I loved it. It's very soft to me. It's not overpowering at all. Kinda sensual... a bit.

Tassi Lavender- Yes...listen to Meridith.... This Lavender is awesome. I have not went anywhere else to buy Lavender FO. To me, this one doesn't smell medicinal like Lavender EO... Tassi Lavender smells more..... balanced. It's the only word I can think of to describe it. lol Smells pretty awesome in B&B, and makes a great mixer.

A couple of more suggestions:

Adirondack smells GLORIOUS. If you like earthy, woodsy smells, then get it. lol I find that it smells kinda unisex.

Creme de Cassis- OMG. Let. Me. Drink. It. Please. :)

ETA: Oh gosh! I forgot about Pumpkin Brulee! Another one of my faves!

Cuz if you let me:

Acorn & Black Oak -- fabulous earthy smell with the right amount of green and nutty essences

Bourbon de Vanille -- Drink it up. A fabulous vanilla scent with no thoughts of alcohol in the final product.

Shoot me now but Cashmeran -- Do not judge this one OOB, because it's stinky lol, but OMG delish (gotta love rich and earthy scents though.)

Shoot me again -- Femme Fatale -- Just a divine, sexy scent. I absolutely love it, but I know it's expensive, so use for something that will go a very long way if you get it (just don't think this is one of those pass on by scents.)

Havana Nights -- Soley OOB judging here, but this is definitely going to be a fun one to play with! I am so looking forward to it.

Maharani Padparadscha -- It's a wonderful fragrance, but expensive too. Still have to like the fairly rich, earthy smells with hints of florals.

I've a lot more, but you may not be favoring florals lol.

Purple prickly pear is fabulously fun.

So is Macapuno Sorbet

Gypsy Rose is a favorite of mine.

It could turn into an endless list here lol.

Oh, you helped with the whittling when you posted all those great comments above. Are you saying you are now going to do me dirty by posting more of your favorites? :D

I'm going to search for reviews of 'Guns & Roses' and make sure I need that.....