I love my trusty wood log mold! -Frog Eyes

Meridith

The is a soap I made in my trusty wood log mold. I love to use this mold when making a soap with layers.

1st picture - This is the soap before I cut it. The bottom layer is scented with OT's "Lime Sugar Supreme" and the top layer is scented with OT's "Frosted Wineberry.

2nd picture - These are some of the bars after I've cut them.

3rd. picture - As I was looking at each piece once I cut them, I noticed that these 2 pieces when put side-by-side looked like a pair of eyeballs on a colorful frog or maybe a reptile from the rain forest. lol What do you think?

post-121-139458452468_thumb.jpg

post-121-13945845247_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458452472_thumb.jpg

Been looking at this and wondering where in the heck you get small enough tubes to make these things!

I think they're wild.

I use the tube inside the paper towel roll. I also use the tube that saran wrap is wrapped around. I've used toilet paper rolls too. I put a piece of saran wrap on the end, rubber band it on, and whenever I have any extra soap left from swirling or whatever, I pour it in the tube. When the tube is full, I remove the paper and I have a multicolored soap tube that I put in my log mold and pour soap over. This gives you soaps that have colored circles that can look totally different from one side of a bar to the next.

Meridith great soapies. Good idea on the tubes. Wondering do you normally fill up the tube at one session or over days or weeks?

It takes me days or weeks depending on the amount of soaping I am doing. I just put any leftover soap from batches I am making in there. You know like the times you take off too much to swirl with, that leftover goes into the tube. :)

I noticed that these 2 pieces when put side-by-side looked like a pair of eyeballs on a colorful frog or maybe a reptile from the rain forest. lol What do you think?

yeah, agilator eyes poking out of the water and watching everything you're doing. :shocked2: