415 for Melts

kandlekrazy

Ok, this CR_P is working ok for melts in molds, but not so good in clamshells. Now I'm remembering why I stashed it in the garage, LOL.

I've tried everything including 2nd pours and can't get the top in the clamshell to look nice and smooth (craters, lines, ugliness).

Any suggestions???????? I'd give up completely on 415 but Gen Wax isn't shipping C3 until 1/8 and I need some dang melts made. It's my own fault for not wanting to order more in Dec. Trying to make due with what I have.

I thought I was pouring cool enough but today poured at cloudy slushy and they came out better, still not great but I think I can live with it. Only 2 more days and I'll have my regular wax back and I think this time what ever is left of this is goin in the trash so I don't forget and use it again.

My C3 arrived on Thursday afternoon and I'm a happy camper again!!! I've been trying to use 415 in little molds and it's a bear to get out even after freezing for a few minutes and the C3 just pops right out for me.

As far as the clamshells go, it wasn't that I couldn't get the cubes out, it was the ugly look of the top when it hardened and you can't use a heat gun on clamshells.

Doesn't matter anymore, got my wax, next year I'll remember that Gen Wax closes the first week of the year for inventory and this will not happen again, LOL...yeah right, I'll remember:laugh2: