Room temp?

Hi, I have a doubt on temperature I should have and mantain making candles.. I'm making some pillars and I pour wax in mold at about 154-158 ° F.

I do this because I'm making pillars with wax embeds, I don't want to much rustic and frost but I don't want embeds to melt down.

After pouring the pillars I let them set all night long, when I work my room temp is about 70 ° F, at night it goes at about 66 ° F.

So the day after my pillars get more frosty then I wanted.

It also happened to a "wiggle" little pillar, poured at 158, made wiggles, let it cool over night and where I have pushed an plied wax a lot of frosty appeared!!!

Help please!!!!!!

TIA

Sabrina

forgot to say: I use pc molds, not metal molds

Hi,

I notice this as well, it starts every year when the temp drops. I just keep my shop around 72 while I am pouring, and it helps quite a bit. I am sure that is what is happening for you, too. I was so frustrated when this first started happening, and couldn't figure out what it was. Also, we get tunneling and huge air pockets in our candles if the shop is too cool. Soooo, we just keep it warmer out there while the candles are setting up, and it's all good. ;)

I also have issues in the extreme heat of the summer, too. I have about a month where I cannot pour candles unless I do it in our house, which isn't going to happen--LOL. Our shop just cannot cool down enough for me to pour anything saleable in that timeframe. My candles just look like crap if I pour in that heat!

Soooo, we just pour extra for that time and plan ahead.

thanks Pam..:embarasse I just remelted one of this pillar.. I don't know what happens, I'm going mad.. I made a wax embed, stick it to the mold.. pour wax.. and a millions of little bubble air appear on the embed's surface.. sometimes they go all together and seem that embed is peeling off.. I raised temp tonight, but this mess happened so quickly I'm starting to doubt of my thought of temp...

:embarasse

I'm so sad!

thank Donita, but in Italy gloss poly c does not exist. I can't buy it in USA I will pay too much for shipping. The only additivesI found are hard micro wax and vybar...

I don't even know what's the MP of wax I buy, supplier can't tell.

Sometimes I get really frustrated!! But thanks a lot!