TOG Mold Question

gloworm

I have the 12/24 bar mold, and did cp soap in it. I had a really hard time getting the bars out. I used it two times and that was enough for me. I actually damaged the bars trying to get them out. So, I don't use the mold any more.

I have the 12/24 mold, and have used it many many times for both cp and salt bars..I have never had any trouble getting any soap out of it..

I know there are other that have had trouble,,but mine has been great for me..but I am not a big time soaper either..

Mine is also lined with the funky foam..

You must have one of the newer ones made with the plexiglass liners, but for what it's worth, I have 3 TOG molds with the foam liners that I use all the time with very good success. I absolutely love them and have never had a problem with them whether I make CP, HP, Salt Bars, or even the rare MP batch in them.

MarieJeanette

Mine has the Lexan- [plexiglass] dividers. The soap pops right out. I lined the bottom and sides with mylar so the soap always comes out smooth as glass. Right over the funky foam.

Thank you. I will try it this way. Do you use baby oil on the Lexan?

Glo